Page 146 of 334 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 3340

Re: Suprises are everywhere, in COLORADO!

Went out DVD shopping today and found some Star Wars goodies along the way.

1. Picked up Vintage Leia at Aurora Mall Suncoast -she was the only one.

2. Got lucky big time and found the 24.kt Gold Obi-Wan Kenobi Lightsaber Mini-Replica at Media Play. They had a few regulars but 1 gold saber. Woohaaaa!!!!!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    At Flatiron Suncoast I got vintage Obi-Wan and Han, but no Leia or Luke. Thanks for the heads up, Dark Marble! These are great!
    No problem JabbaJohnL! I hope by this time next month all the OTC figures are clogging the pegs. I would rather deal with tons of figs on the pegs instead of none at all. All the Target stores have been putting their toys on clearance, its time for the new stuff to start showing up!!
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

Well said Dark Marble.

I followed up on all those Original Trilogy figures at Wal-Mart on Abeline. They were a complete sell-out. Not a single one there to be found. Good news I suppose.

It's official! I have to give All C's the award for the worst service in the business. As many of you know, I collect mint loose vintage figures and I was there buying supplies (cases and such). They were out of a certain kind (no big deal -they've been out before) I asked a guy working there if they had anymore, he said "What you see there is what we have." It was a general response so I asked when they would be getting more back in, he said "I said No!" I said ok and walked out. What a chump!

That is a horrible story Jayspawn. Where is All C's? I have never been there, but it sounds like a place I will avoid if they treat their customers like that. Why does is seem like customer service is a lost art? As I have been out looking for new figures lately it just seems like I get more of the "fish eye" then usual from store employees.

I guess I am just tired of having to justify collecting something I love to people who don't get it or don't want to get it. However, if I was buying at a place like All C's that seems to specialize in selling figures (at extreme mark up) I would expect to be treated a little better.

I haven't set foot in All C's in about a year, last time I was there I was goig to get a trade Paperback of Empire Strikes Back Infinities, which i got and left and never looked back, they havent had any figures to speak of for quite some time, and when they do they are so rediculously over priced I walk out.
    "I assume my reputation for arrogant presumption precedes me"-Area man

Picked up Vintage Ben Kenobi at Sam Goody at Aurora Mall yesterday. They had 1 Leia left.

Dark Marble, All C's is on the corner of Mississippi and Abeline. Its in between a few stores like Mens Warehouse among few others. The store says "Sports, Cards & Comics" on it. Its worth going to just so you know where to avoid. They've never been to kid friendly -they've always catered the more comic book or sports collectors despite usually having various action figures and stuff. Its family run and they're not much in the way of conversation either. Generally they give a hi, hello, or a grunt if you're lucky -answers are short. They like to talk amongst themselves.

Well, I won't be shopping there anytime soon. I really believe word of mouth is a killer so if they treat their customers like that I won't have anything to do with them, and your story is enough for me Jayspawn. Besides, there are plenty of shops right now for me to find nothing in.

I didnt get to my computer till today, but yesterday I spotted the 12" Vintage Boba Fett, Luke Skywalker and Stormtrooper at Greatland Target. They were $29.99 a piece. The boxes and figures look great! They also had plenty of Ben Kenobi, Princess Leia and Han. No Lukes. They were fully stocked on figures except for Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn
    Picked up Vintage Ben Kenobi at Sam Goody at Aurora Mall yesterday. They had 1 Leia left.

Dark Marble, All C's is on the corner of Mississippi and Abeline. Its in between a few stores like Mens Warehouse among few others. The store says "Sports, Cards & Comics" on it. Its worth going to just so you know where to avoid. They've never been to kid friendly -they've always catered the more comic book or sports collectors despite usually having various action figures and stuff. Its family run and they're not much in the way of conversation either. Generally they give a hi, hello, or a grunt if you're lucky -answers are short. They like to talk amongst themselves.
    I don't know about the address, but it sounds like a store near the Arvada center. Is it that one?

A few days ago, the Lafayette Wal-Mart had the second wave of OTC figures (Lobot, Leia, CCP, Wicket, C-3PO, etc.) so it was kind of good to see some "new" stuff.

after a month of fruitless trips to the store i've finally become accustomed to the OTC and V-OTC figures. found the new round of jedi council sets at TRU as well, but no falcon yet. if each set continues to have 3 we'll end up with the 12 council members and 6 other figures.

man does it feel good to have something to post again.