Page 174 of 334 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 3340

Re: Suprises are everywhere, in COLORADO!

Got my tickets tonight for the Midnight showing of Revenge of the Sith! I'll be going to Continental 6 on Hampden.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Hey Jay and everyone elso going to celebration III. Hope you all have a great time and say hi to George for me.

Thanks ces! I'm leaving for Indy this morning and I'll be back Sunday night! I'm taking plenty of pictures too and hope to pick up as many exclusives as the airlines will let me carry on the plane. Haha! See you all in a few days!

Peace and Love! and MTFBWY!

I found the Mustafar playset today at Walmart in Commerce City. They had one left. I also found a lone Vader with operating table at the Stapelton Walmart. I thought for sure this one would have sold before the Droid Fighter. Maybe there are more of these in the case than others. Would love to find the clone with Jet pack.

Jay, I hope you had a good time at Celebration III. I heard the lines where once again very bad. Did you get everything that you were hoping to grab?

Hello everyone, I'm back from Celebration III. I arrived back late last night. Here's my lowdown (shortened) version of the Celebration. Its probably long...

To recap, I had a great time. I got to do and see some incredible things. Because I was so incredible busy -I didnt get to do or see everything I wanted to. There just wasnt enough time. All of the events required waiting in line for HOURS on end if you wanted to do anything. That cut down on the things to do.

The Convention Center was absolutly PACKED! Without a dought -attendance was over capacity. We're glad the Fire Marshal didnt show up. There at least had to be over 60 thousand people there.

Jay Laga'aia was the MC for the weekend and did a great job. He had a great presence and didnt overpower any of the guests. I went to see Tem Morrison (Jango Fett, Commander Cody) on Thursday. He and Jay sang songs together for the audience. Jay played the guitar and they both sing very well. Bodie Taylor (the Clones) came out also and the 3 did a Q&A as well as a live native dance from their Marley herritage from New Zealand. It was incredible!

I saw Ray Park on Saturday he did some martial arts demos on stage -absolutly amazing! He invited some people (mostly kids) from the audience on stage and showed them some moves. He also did some impressive moves with a Master Replicas FX Lightsaber. His demonstration included jump kicking a 12" Obi-Wan figure out of Jay Laga'aia's hand. His kick broke the doll in half! His Q&A was also very good.

*Seeing George Lucas -the creator of Star Wars in person was amazing. I was in absolute awe! I took some pictures (God, I hope they turn out). He mostly did Q&A with the packed audience. They asked some great questions including the future of Star Wars after Episode III. The whole event was an incredible once in a lifetime experience.

Later that day I saw Billy Dee Williams on stage and he had a good show. He's interesting to watch. He didnt remember any specific stories about Empire or Jedi. Cant really blame him -it was 20 years ago.

I scored some great autographs over the trip. Picked up Tem Morrison, Jeremy Bulloch, Bodie Taylor, Alan Ruscoe, Garrack Haggon, Femi Taylor, Michonne Bourrione, Kenny Baker, Michael Sheard, Jerome Blake, Amy Allen and Ray Park. I had all of the actors from Episode I sign my Teaser One Sheet (starting to get full), everyone else I had sign photos. The whole autograph hall was incrediblely organized and the waits were pretty short. All of the actors were very nice and wanted to talk and take pictures! Femi Taylor was a real pistol -spunky! Garrick Haggon (Biggs) was a great gentleman, incredibly nice. I talked about coffee and fashion w/ Alan Ruscoe. Quite a Brit. Michael Sheard was a much older quiet fellow. Didnt say much. Jeremy Bulloch was nice but didnt say much. Michonne Bourrione had caught a bug and lost her voice -so she didnt have much to say. Bodie Taylor is one of the nicelst people I've ever met. We talked about his mess hall scenes in AOTC, and his dance on stage w/ Tem Morrison and Jay. We did an action/fighting pose together. Ray Park is an incredible person, very nice. Sometimes he'd be waling around the halls and randomly pose for pictures with people. Cool guy! Amy Allen -Wow! For some reasons, I didnt get to see Dave Prowse or Warwick Davis at all. George Lucas left after is appearance.

Yes ces, I pretty much got what I came for. I got the Master Replicas Exclusive Obi-Wan mini-saber. I got lucky big time in getting Gentle Giant's Sandtrooper Bust! I was missing everyday. I got lucky again on Sunday morning by finally getting into the Celebration Store! The whole ordeal was a joke! It was incredibly disorganized. People the first 4 days spent about 12 hours waiting in line just to get in! The line for the Store wraped aboud the inside of the Cenvention Center. The workers were not in any kind of hurry and stood around most of the time doing nothing. When I actually got into the store on Sunday morning, I waited 4 1/2 hours in line, IN the store. Most items there were already sold out of. BUT I did get the Exclusive Darth Vader Action Figure. Its pretty cool, has some great sayings which include....

"Welcome to Star Wars Celebration III, never will you find a more wretched hive of scum and villany."

"You're journey to the Dark Side is now complete."

"Prepare to experience the revenge of the Sith. It is your destiney."

"The Dark Side of the Force is strong with you."

"breathing"

Thats a LOT to write! I'll chime in soon with the last of my review!

I'm hearing the fire marshal did show up, which explains no ticket sales for Saturday.

I heard he did also, but there were many times in addition to that where they could easily have shut the place down -when the marshal wasnt there.

Saturday night was the Celebration and Celebration III Party which was nice at first. My friend and I bought tickets in advance and waited in line some 5 hours to be among the first to get in. Line lines grew long and after a while the wraping lines merged into groups which then grew into a mob. It was supposed to start at 7 for ticket holders but it was apparent that GenCon went ahead and sold the tickets to EVERYBODY! The doors opened LATE and the people who had waited in line were beat out by people who just showed up and rushed the doors! The best part about the Party was the music! The Jazz Band played music set to Star Wars themes. If they made a CD of the music I'd buy it. Heres the rest of the bad. The food and drinks were WAY over priced, the lines for the carnival games were too long! And there was nowhere to sitdown because all the tables were full. It BLEW big time! So there was nothing to really do but walk around which were had done all day. To top all of that, the GenCon started leting people in who didnt even have tickets! There was nothing exclusive about this even at all! So people who didnt go saved $15 and lucked out. What a waste. It sucked. I was there 15 minuets tops.
    Last edited by Jayspawn; 04-25-2005 at 04:00 PM.

On a side note, I picked up AT-ET Gunner and Clone Commander at Greatland Target this afternoon. I walked in just as a guy was stocking the shelves. They had all the new ones including Polis Massan, Vader's Medical Droid and Mas Amedda. The ONLY one there didnt have in the box was Palpatine (#35). He had been replaced in the box by the plain version.

My friends and I went to the SW in Pop Culture showing Saturday night. Two of them left (his son was falling asleep), leaving me and another guy there. The show was supposed to end at midnight but it kept going. At 12:30 we finally left cause we were drained from the day.

Hardly anyone was around, other than a few security people and cleaning crew. I joked with a security guard if we could stay the night; his attitude was sure, go ahead.

I really think security forgot about us in that second-floor room. At C2, when a program was scheduled to end at midnight, the lights came up at midnight.

It sounds like for the most part that they didn't learn from CII. They probably did, but learned the wrong thing. They learned that we will all flock to another city and spend a ton of money regardless. At CII, I felt like they knowingly over-sold just to make more money.

I found the new deluxe at Walmart on Smokey Hill. I cannot believe how many new Walmart are popping up everywhere. I'm hoping I can grab a few more AT-TE gunners. They are pretty nice.

Any sightings on the Target exclusive Clone in Denver?