Page 328 of 334 FirstFirst ... 228278318324325326327328329330331332 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 3340
    I always buy 1 to open and 1 to keep mint on card. While I somewhat agree that Vintage should really only apply to OT and Kenner era figures, I did appreciate that the inclusion of PT figures was a great way to unify both trilogies into a traditional classic style cardback. I was much more inclined to buy PT figures on the Vintage style cards than the boring Saga Legends cards. I do take objection to putting Expanded Universe on Vintage cards when I do not consider characters outside of the films to be canon. EU should have been its own subline entirely. In any case, the discontinuation of the Vintage line with the classic style cardback and nostalgic Kenner logo is a heartbreaker for me and I will grieve its loss especially when there are still dozens of characters from the original Kenner line that have yet to be released on the Vintage collection cardbacks. I have been collecting the Hasbro line since POTF2 began in 95 and this will be the end of collecting Hasbro Star Wars for me. Vintage or nothing.

Found the Target Exclusive 3-Pack of Droids at the Edgewater Target by Sloan's lake today. The rest of their stock was pretty sad, though.
    "she went for a midnight swim in what turned out to be a crocodile."

Swung by the Aurora Town Center Target, mostly for a laugh since they've not gotten any new vintage since Jan, of course they had gotten a fresh batch of the Malgus wave, and everything was gone already except the Vader and Luke. They also had 3 of the new droid packs sitting out. they also got a fresh case of TPM vintage...
    "I assume my reputation for arrogant presumption precedes me"-Area man

I get why people would want to see only OT characters (as the packaging is appropriate to the era), or a mix of all characters (as if the vintage packaging style never stopped and kept including new characters), and why carded collectors prefer it (these are the only non-exclusive figures I'll buy extras of to keep carded, since they look great), but I'm unsure why longtime openers would stop collecting when The Vintage Collection ends. Yes, the vintage packaging is gorgeous, but it's the same stuff inside. There's actually MORE stuff with Droid Factory. Once you buy the figure, it only stays on its packaging for a short time, and then it's in your collection forever. But anyway, they plan on bringing it back and updating the rest of the vintage line, they just didn't want it to get stale.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhat
    Swung by the Aurora Town Center Target, mostly for a laugh since they've not gotten any new vintage since Jan, of course they had gotten a fresh batch of the Malgus wave, and everything was gone already except the Vader and Luke. They also had 3 of the new droid packs sitting out. they also got a fresh case of TPM vintage...
    Since the Malgus wave case includes five new figures and seven TPM figures, it's possible that you're just seeing the carry-forwards. If the podracers or Queen Amidala were there, then it was a new case, but if not, then it was just the carry-forwards. The carry-forwards are clogging up the shelves enough, so I really hope they're not still stocking the original case.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Since the Malgus wave case includes five new figures and seven TPM figures, it's possible that you're just seeing the carry-forwards. If the podracers or Queen Amidala were there, then it was a new case, but if not, then it was just the carry-forwards. The carry-forwards are clogging up the shelves enough, so I really hope they're not still stocking the original case.
    I'm fairly sure it was the entire wave from TPM; including Maul, Sidious, Vos, pod racers, battle droid, etc.

Everyone's okay after last night's Aurora shootings, right?

Yes, I sometimes go to the Century for 3D movies since their ticket prices can't be beat on those, however I decided to see "Rises" on an IMAX screen, which means I was at Arapahoe Crossing for the 12:01 premier. My workplace is just across Alameda from the Mall/Theater so the events that happened were on everyone's lips today while I worked 8.5 hours on 2 hours of sleep.

Safe here. Saw all 3 in "Imax" (faux-max) up in Westminster. Still kinda stunned.

Glad y'all are okay.

This was posted for Caleb Medley, the young (now) father who has, as a result of the shooting, lost his right eye, has sustained some brain damage, and is now in a medically induced coma. His wife gave birth to their first child just after the shooting, and they have no medical insurance.

I'd love to pass this on. Of course we can't all afford to help financially, but I can certainly pass up one collectible and donate that money, whether it's to Caleb directly or to some other source benefitting victims and their families.

I hope everyone can heal as best possible, and quickly.

http://calebmedley.com/help

I just got the new AT-ST along with ALL of wave 6 (Jar Jar, Bespin Leia, etc.) at the Kmart on Broadway in Denver. The entire case was untouched when I got there, so I picked up both Jar Jars and Shock Troopers, and just one each of the other figures. There's still a "lost line" Clone Trooper Lieutenant and Sandtrooper, and Vintage Leia and Vader left (I picked the best-looking figures regardless of card design). So now I'm done with Vintage for 2012, luckily having found every figure in a store and a pre-order on the final 12. So check out those Kmarts!