Page 68 of 335 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
    You'll find one haggie.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

If anyone happens to see an Unleashed Padme, let me know. I procrastinated and never got her.

Sorry if they didn't have any clonetroopers vulcan, they had at least three on Sunday. They charge $12.95 for most of their deluxe figs. I'd rather pay a few bucks extra then drive all over God's green earth searching for that one elusive fig. It's not my favorite store, I just suggested it because I knew they had them and Haggie's having it rough finding one. If you think it's ghetto, then don't go there.

Anywho, I'll keep an eye out Haggie.
    Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
    ~SK

I'd pay $13 for one. That beat having to waste gas and time driving around and never finding one. I don't want to pay upwards of $20 though. If he's selling them for $13, then I would guess that he actually bought a few cases himself and wasn't actually scalping (though it's impossible to know). Some comic stores do this as well. They get the figs through Diamond so they pay more than a typical department store would, then they sell them for higher prices so they can actually make a profit. Of course, there are plenty of other stores that send out one of their monkey boys to buy the good stuff from all the stores.

Like our most popular All-Cs who pay retail, but charge at a 300% prophet (5 dollars a fig at store--20 dollars a pop there=300%) Although aparently some guy came and bought ALL of the Star Wars and any other toy for that matter in one fell swoop. I guess all C's will be around for a while...
    "I assume my reputation for arrogant presumption precedes me"-Area man

Finally found a Clone with Speeder. You will no longer hear me *****ing about it. I went to a Target out of my way after class and found 3 Clones w/Speeders and 3 Clone Pilots. First time I've ever seen either in a store. Unfortunately, I already bought all four Clone Pilots needed for my Gunship at scalper prices so I left all the pilots on the pegs. =( I will not give in to scalpers so quickly next time.

Not sure if any of you read the competition but they had a link posted to a cool Gunship custom (with instructions on how to build it). The custom changes the side guns so it's a ball that the pilot actually sits in like in the film. The balls end up being out of proportion this way, but only because the Gunship itslef is actually out of proportion so there is no way to make a ball for the pilot to sit in without it being out of proportion to the Gunship. It's still cool. Check it out.

Haggie, which Target had the Gunship Pilots?? My Gunship is STILL on autopilot. I need pilots!

The Target at Sheridan and 44th has three of them. If you need them and live way far away I could pick them up for you. It'd cost about $4.35 to mail them to you or you could make your way over sometime and pick them up in person. LMK if you want me to go get them.

Arrow ds: "you think it's ghetto, then don't go there"

-oh i drop in there anytime i'm in the neighborhood, cuz as i sed me & jim get along good, & it's always a good idea to do recon on scalpers. i just don't give em any Money

ds: "I'd rather pay a few bucks extra then drive all over God's green earth searching"
    hag: "That beat having to waste gas and time driving around and never finding one"
    -you know what else beats it? havin bountyhunter vt on your side, cuz he gets results when you least expect em stickin together & helpin each other gets the job done cheaper & more impeccably, it's how i got my fx7, r2q5 & 300fett (thanks to lbc), among other things
    meanwhile, bc3 emailed me the other day about a trade he wanted help on & i told him "given enough time i can make any trade happen". so just now he announces if he don't get those results on one week he's gonna turn scalper hmph, that's faith & patience for you; see if i ever try to do Him any more scalper-thwarting favors

"I would guess that he actually bought a few cases himself and wasn't actually scalping"
    -he does both actually, which is how he's able to acquire tru, targ & walmart xclusives & then turn em around for his unearned profit

"just saw all those figs at Target on Colfax (near Simms) if you have need for any of them"
    -nah, just sayin here in case anyone else interested of course, if you come across a spider droid some kid stole the teemto from (thus rendering it unsellable; but then if i was gonna shoplift i'd leave the Teemto not the droid ), then feel free to slip it in yer pocket for me or ask if they'll take a buck for it, cuz "i'd buy That for a dollar!"

hag: "I'd pay $13 for one"
    -"that's Just the kind of irresponsible thinking that causes so many business ventures to fail"- quark, ds9's "maquis part 2"

"You will no longer hear me *****ing about it"
    -aw, speakin for myself i kinda Enjoyed you beeching aboot it

"Finally found a Clone with Speeder. . . I will not give in to scalpers so quickly next time"
    -a lesson there for All of us i'd say good pilot sighting haggie tell you what spawn, i needa go near 44sher targ today anyway, so whatever pilots are left there i'll pick up for you & we can make exchange sometime over tea. speakin of which:
    attn r2, haggie, hat, spawn, ces etc: how's next thursday afternoon at fourth story (restaurant above cherry creek tattered cover) sound? either confirm here or just show up ~2:30 pm & we'll have us some fun if you want bring tradable items (i also got moc reeyees, r2hoeia & r2q5, oop spacetrooper & walmart rebo bandmembers etc) & maybe we'll cut us some deals too i'll be at a table along the south wall w/mms on the windowsill so you won't miss me. and if that time don't work for none of or enough of you, maybe the thursday aft two weeks after that?
    vt
    Last edited by vulcantouch; 11-27-2002 at 01:38 PM.

I think I can be there on thursday. It all comes down to the last minute demands of my clientel. Count me in.

Jayspawn, looks like you will most likely have yourself some pilots. Hopefully you can join us next thursday.