Page 327 of 335 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 3341
    @Jabba, I didn't know this board existed... however if I did, I'da been snoopin' and sneak'n! Srsly, though, I'm not really a collector. More of an... involved observer. And I do know that Walmart near 104th now.

@MrHat, I've had the scanning problem, too. They refused to price-match when I showed them Target's price, and kept me standing there for 20 minutes... took off with Nikto and brought it back with her fat thumbprint in it. So I made her give it to me for $5.

I can't get over how long you guys have been doing this, and how dedicated y'all are. I've read through the recent posts and you guys seem to always be out on the chase. It's fun to read
    "she went for a midnight swim in what turned out to be a crocodile."

Did a quick run around the neighborhood today, Hit up Northfield Target, which had gotten 2 cases of the Malgus wave in/ Unfortunetly no Malgus, there were 2 ANH Vaders, 2 Hoth Lukes, and a CW Anakin left. Went to Quebec Walmart, their SW section is a hot mess, from what I saw nothing new or noteworthy was present in the fallout that is that section. Went to Tower Walmart, they had a fresh stock of the new CW figs (Almost Stormtrooper Rex, and Commando Boss) picked those 2 up. And finally Chambers WM Neighborhood Market, which hasn't gotten anything new, they did still have Dr. E, Gammorian Guard, Fleet Trooper, and Aayla.
    "I assume my reputation for arrogant presumption precedes me"-Area man

Today I hit the Parker Walmart Neighborhood Market; I guess I was at a different one last time, though now I can't recall which, but this one was a bit larger and had some more non-grocery items, including a much larger toy section. Anyway, they had put out all 12 figures from the Tarkin wave, and though they didn't ring up again, the manager here was much more helpful and I was able to walk out with the four remaining figures from the wave. It's SO nice to have them after last week's annoyance. They still have Malgus, Odd Ball, Wedge, and all the other repacks. I hit a ton of other stores as well, but didn't get anything else.

Now all I need from Vintage is the 501st clone.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I tried to look at the Neighborhood Walmart on Bowles in Littleton. It's tiny, and I don't know if that had anything to do with it, but their toy section was about 3 feet wide and consisted of party favor type toys.

Strike Out.

Just read that Hasbro has put the Vintage line on indefinite hold after the final two waves. This feels like 1985 all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by decadentdave View Post
    Just read that Hasbro has put the Vintage line on indefinite hold after the final two waves. This feels like 1985 all over again.
    Uh . . . why? If it went on forever, it would have overstayed its welcome. I'm excited for Droid Factory to be back.

I ended up getting the 501st clone for $15 at Hollywood Heroes near the Westminster TRU, so now I'm caught up on Vintage (aside from Bastila Shan). I also got the Bespin Battle pack at the Church Ranch Target; the TRU near I-25 and Highway 7 had both the new sets.

I like the Vintage because they take me back to childhood. As you can see, I'm not really a collector, but the Vintages brought back lots of memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadydangel View Post
    I like the Vintage because they take me back to childhood. As you can see, I'm not really a collector, but the Vintages brought back lots of memories.
    I agree completely. The Vintage collection was the only reason I had to still collect Hasbro. It was a nostalgic goldmine. There are still so many vintage style figures they could have done. Hasbro could have kept the line going concurrently until their license expires in 2018. Most guys my age I know that grew up with the original Kenner toys were only into collecting the Vintage figures. I have no interest in Saga, Clone Wars or Droid Factory. Vintage ftw. Guess Hasbro won't be getting my money after the end of the year.

Were you a carded-only collector? Or did the line look just entice you from the pegs?

Even though I wasn't born during the original vintage run and an I'm opener, I do like the Vintage cards, and I got 10 or so to keep carded (all from the PT). There seems to be differing opinions on what should and shouldn't go on vintage-style cards - should they only do the original Kenner lineup? Should they only do new figures that have never been on vintage cards? Should they only do OT figures that weren't made the first time? Or were they handling it fine? At 118 figures, they've released more vintage-carded figures in the last two years than Kenner did in its seven-year run (not counting variants), so I don't exactly think they shortchanged anything.

For me, the packaging doesn't really have any bearing on what I'm going to get, as I get basically everything that's at least somewhat new. I wonder how many people will quit now that vintage is done . . . Then again, I wonder how many people it actually brought back. It started promising in 2010, but the initial wave quickly clogged the pegs with crappy figures; then they were removed only to be replaced with other pegwarmers.

I think the best thing would be for vintage to hibernate for a while and then come back if/when they put out ANH in 3D. It's had an amazing run so far, but I'm really excited for Droid Factory to return.

When I buy them for me, they're to keep in their packaging.

My opinion is that the Vintage Line should be the ORIGINAL Trilogy, which was originally on the Kenner cards. I personally think putting the Prequel Trilogy on Vintage Cards that were produced 30 years before the Prequel Trilogy's existence is silly. These movies weren't even around when the Kenner Cards were made, so explain to me how they could belong in the category "Vintage".

Again, just my opinion, I've had the discussion before, and to each his own. And I'm obviously not a longtime or deeply involved collector. Kind of just along for the ride (Although I *DID* have the Original Burger King Glasses. All of 'em.)

Nowadays, when I buy toys (Vintage SW Cards notwithstanding), it's usually because I want to photograph them in creative places. (Hobby. Obsession. Whatever.)

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6099/6291870107_a2c422c109.jpg

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6291870107_a2c422c109.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	26433