Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Catwoman

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
    Why didn't they just hire the Salem puppet cat from Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
    I don't laugh out loud too often, but this time I did.

By the way, that cat's name was Salem. Good thing they didn't use it, terrible looking it was.

What am I saying, this entire talking with a cat idea is bad.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Glad it was amusing. But I'd still rather have the robocat. God, this movie is going to suck so bad, it's going to make Gigli look like a blockbuster. BTW, I know that it's named Salem. Note the 'Salem puppet cat' that you quoted me on.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I love all things connected with Batman.

I've loved Halle Berry in the few films I've seen her in.

However, and not meaning to be crude, but what I hear about this movie makes me want to take a dump.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Nope, doesn't sound crude at all. Actually it's a lot nicer way of putting the thoughts that are going on in my head right now. Poor DC, they just can't get a decent project off the ground.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I've always found it odd that, in terms of quality and performance of the movies and overall comic sales, Marvel constantly kicks DC's butt. This in spite of the fact that Superman and Batman are more recognizable than just about any character or icon.

I really hope Catwoman bombs miserably, and Punisher, Spidey 2, and Fantastic Four all end up in the top ten overall ticket sales for 2004. Maybe that will finally be DC's wake up call.

If DC looked at Marvel's success and did films right, we'd already have new films for Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Green Lantern, and Sandman, and we'd be anxiously awaiting some sequels to those, along with Shazam, JLA, Huntress, Ambush Bug, and New Gods.

And what was the last DC movie? Was it Steel? or Batman and Robin?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Well, a CGI talking cat. Man o man whats next? This movie is going to suck badly.

And when DC makes movies like they have, who really cares what was the last one?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    And when DC makes movies like they have, who really cares what was the last one?
    That was kinda my point. In the time since their last craptacular "film," Marvel's put out adaptations of the following that range from above average to perfect:
    X-Men (twice)
    Blade (twice)
    Spider-Man (soon to be twice)
    Daredevil
    Hulk
    The Punisher
    Nick Fury (okay, admittedly, this one looked like it sucked)
    Fantastic Four (soon)
    Iron Man (soon)
    Iron Fist (soon)
    Ghost Rider (soon)

Not only that, but until recently, nearly everyone would say that the best comic film of all time would be Superman, Superman II, or Batman. I think most folks now would say Spider-Man or X2.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I agree with you on that one. I never thjought Superman was the best comic adaption really. Just when it was the only one out there, but it had nothing to compare it to. Right now I would say that Spider-Man is the best adaption yet. It followed the storyline near perfectly. The first Batman rocked. The second one was ok, and after that.....too bad they suck. I havent seen X2 yet, but X-men was decent. Havent seen the Hulk either and doubt i want to. Daredevil was decent, accept for Affleck. Colin Farrel took that movie over IMO.

But who knows, maybe this Catwoman movie will make me change my mind...................

Okay, now that I'm done laughing so hard I can end this post
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    That was kinda my point. In the time since their last craptacular "film," Marvel's put out adaptations of the following that range from above average to perfect:
    X-Men (twice)
    Blade (twice)
    Spider-Man (soon to be twice)
    Daredevil
    Hulk
    The Punisher
    Nick Fury (okay, admittedly, this one looked like it sucked)
    Fantastic Four (soon)
    Iron Man (soon)
    Iron Fist (soon)
    Ghost Rider (soon)

Not only that, but until recently, nearly everyone would say that the best comic film of all time would be Superman, Superman II, or Batman. I think most folks now would say Spider-Man or X2.
    You left Man-Thing off the list!

Sorry for missing the Salem thing, JJB. Just the thought of that fake thing makes me laugh, and to think something like him will be included in a big release movie! CGI or puppet is not really my problem with it. It's the whole idea behind it. It just does not seem like an idea that translates well to film, to have a cat "mystically" communicate with Catwoman.

Now I want to see the film just to see how bad it turns out.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Nick Fury was only a TV movie, so it gets some breaks for that. It did suck though, but not as much as Batman & Robin, which put the "D" and "C" in "sucked"!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.