Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightsaber Duels

Apart from Obi-Wan and Anakin, what other duels do you think there will be. I think it is safe to say that Ep3 will have the most duels than any other movie because of the end of the Jedi and Anakin's turn to the dark side.

I think we will see Anakin and Dooku duel, and Anakin and Mace duel. Maybe Yoda will duel someone too .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

I think...

Anakin/Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan/Dooku, and Anakin/Sidious will have a little duel but Sidious will quickly overtake him because Anakin has not yet been trained in the dark ways.

i think it would be cool to see a showdown between two of the strongest force users in the galaxy - yoda and sidious! "do not underestimate the powers of the emperor"!!!
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

I think when Yoda said "do not underestimate..." to luke he meant that Palpatine had brought Anakin over to the dark side so he could do the same with Luke, if he let his guard down.

well, that is what it would mean if they don't duel in ep. III, but if they DO, then that line takes on a whole new, and personal for yoda, meaning...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    I think that there will be several duels between Darth Vader (Anakin) and the key Jedi...Ki-Adi-Mundi, Mace, D'ooku and ultimately Obi-Wan...but only after he destroys D'ooku first and becomes Darth Vader. He will be Darth Vader in his heart when he fights Obi-Wan at the end...but will still be Anakin in spirit!
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

I have a feeling we're going to be disappointed, and the huntdown of the Jedi will only be implied at the end of the movie, leaving that for the 20 years between Ep. 3 and Star Wars. I do think (hope) that Lucas will throw us one bone, and at the end we will see the Dark Lord of the Sith, Lord Vader (& James Earl Jones).
    Stupidity should be painful.

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    Originally posted by stad
    I have a feeling we're going to be disappointed, and the huntdown of the Jedi will only be implied at the end of the movie, leaving that for the 20 years between Ep. 3 and Star Wars. I do think (hope) that Lucas will throw us one bone, and at the end we will see the Dark Lord of the Sith, Lord Vader (& James Earl Jones).
    How will that be possible...since Obi-Wan goes into hiding after he drops Luke off at Owen & Beru's place...how would he know that the other Jedi were destroyed...and even so...why would he go into hiding before-hand and not help them? We will see the Jedi hunted down and destroyed by Anakin and the Emperor...it's the only way.
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

The movie is only going to be 2-3 hours long, there is a lot of stuff that still has to happen in the movie. If whatever happens to Anakin to turn him has to happen, he has to fight Obi-Wan, Padme has to have kids and Obi-Wan has to hide them, and they are going to show Vader and Co. hunting down the Jedi? That is unrealistic, probably even if they demean it and show the deaths of a few main Jedi in a couple seconds each montage.
    Stupidity should be painful.

I dont think it will be Vader alone hunting down all the Jedi, and I don't think it is necesary to show it all. I think Vader will order the Clones to hunt down all the Jedi. Vader will fight some of them himself, but most will die because of the Clones. Throughout the movie clones could come up to Vader telling him that more Jedi have been destroyed. That way we will all know that Jedi are being slaughtered across the galaxy but wouldn't actually have to see it.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection