Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Marvel Legends by Toy Biz

Hi. Does anyone out there collect these? Ive heard a few very positive comments about the line, and am considering laying the money down (on ebay of course, because we don't get anything good like that in the store where I live).

Any comments or criticisms of the line would be appreciated, and would help me decide to spend or save my hard earned money.
    Thanks!
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I'm going to start to collect them as soon as Dr.Doom comes out.
    They look very cool can't wait to get Dr.Doom!
    "Eat My Shorts"-Bart Simpson
    "I SEE YOU''-Sauron the Dark Lord
    -Maul- l_l

Just hope you get the actual Dr. Doom, True Maul. Remember the variant in the line is a Doom Bot that looks just like Dr. Doom, unless you take the mask off. The Doom Bot has circutry under his mask, instead of Dr. Doom's face.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Just hope you get the actual Dr. Doom, True Maul. Remember the variant in the line is a Doom Bot that looks just like Dr. Doom, unless you take the mask off. The Doom Bot has circutry under his mask, instead of Dr. Doom's face.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    eh.. Who takes Doom's mask off anyway.

Seriously though, this is a great line. I just don't particularly care for the characters. I was always an Xmen and Spiderman fan and I never got into the other Marvel mainstays like Fantastic Four and The Hulk. But I really wish I had been because the Marvel Legends figures are really sharp (except for the unbelievably bad Human Torch figure)

thankfully I have the great Spiderman The Movie line and the hopefully-better-than-the-last Xmen The Movie figures.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

I collect the Marvel Legends figures. Great figures! The quality and articulation are amazing. And the prices are fantastic!

I would get Captain America, Hulk and Iron Man while you can.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Thanks for the tip, Jayspawn. I will probably wind up with those you mentioned at least. The problem is: once I get started, I always want one of each. Stupid completism.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Thanks JarJar, I didn't know that!!
    "Eat My Shorts"-Bart Simpson
    "I SEE YOU''-Sauron the Dark Lord
    -Maul- l_l

I knew that :happy: cause I read Toyfare. Now with lemon!

Um...anyway, I've wanted to buy these figures myself, but of course, they're not carried around here. There was, actually, one Iron Man at my Ames, but I didn't have the cash on hand to buy him. But no other stores, not Wal*Mart, Toy Works, or even EB World had/has them (and I won't shop at KMart - they've totally lost my business).
    That seems to be the norm around here. Anything good, we don't get. Resident Evil figures, Muppets, Tortured Souls... one stinkin' Merman ().
    I just don't feel like driving two hours to Buffalo to look - I've done it before and I usually don't end up with anything good anyway.
    I'll have to start shopping online, I guess, or try to get someone to start looking for cool stuff for me. Anyone up for that?

Oh, yeah - the Marvel Legends look really: .

End...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

They looked awesome in Toyfare and I've seen the first wave in stores. I really want to pick up the Hulk, Cap A, and Iron man. In the second wave I could go for all of them except Namor (I always thought he was a dork). It'd be cool if they did X-Men figures in this style (I mean tons of detail and articulation). I mean they did the Toad but he's a dork too. I mean Spidey has his own line like this (Spider-Man classic or something) so the X-Men would be even cooler. Skip the newer uniforms and go with the classic ones. No leather jack/pants with an X-Logo for Wolvie, I want the yellow and blue damnit
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

I have been with the line since it was "Spider-Man Classics" and it's been one of the most rewarding action figure lines I've ever collected... when they get it right. There are too often 1 or even 2 stinkers in a single wave that you either have to overlook the negative issues and drop coin or give up the completism thing (like I did).

Important things to look for are joints that don't look gappy, paint that is nice and tight, and no warping from the heavy bubble tray. Honestly, it doesn't take long to find a good candidate for purchase, so don't let the above list of issues scare you off -- these ARE the ultimate Marvel action figures and you simply cannot buy a better figure for the money usually.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.