Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What is going to happen to this site after EPS 3

The buzz even now is winding down on the movie forums. General Discussion is the hotpoint nowadays. It seems since the movies (until a new triliogy *praying frantically*) that the site will not be visited enough and will have close its doors. I hope enough projects of the SW nature will continue to keep this site going for eternity.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Never thought about it, but it is an upsetting thought. I have so much fun here.
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

I hope this place never closes it's doors. I'm sure it will last a little longer than 2005 because collecting won't suddenly stop after then.

I'm going to have nightmares tonight .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

It's a little wierd that the Ep3 sections aren't really seeing as much traffic as the Ep2 sections after TPM. It can't be because more people are avoiding spoilers, since the non-spoiler section is just as dead. Maybe people are just avoiding thoughts of Ep3 altogether. It might pick up in a year or two.

I know that I have been suffering from a dilapidated interest in Star Wars in the last few months, but my interests kind of come in phases. Right now I am on a LOTR buzz (and Legend of Zelda, since the new GC game should be out next year).

well, if stuff like this happens, the site will never cease to have stuff to talk about...

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...r+wars+cartoon
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Originally posted by bigbarada
    It's a little wierd that the Ep3 sections aren't really seeing as much traffic as the Ep2 sections after TPM. It can't be because more people are avoiding spoilers, since the non-spoiler section is just as dead. Maybe people are just avoiding thoughts of Ep3 altogether. It might pick up in a year or two.
    I know the non-spoiler section will never be as popular as the spoiler section but I've been trying hard to keep it alive and I don't think it's too dead there are many interesting topics being discussed in there.

Obviously I can't comment on the Spoiler section though because I'm one of those weirdos who have decided to be spoiler free .

I think the Episode 2 sections had more traffic because it was closer to the release, but the release of Episode III is just under 3 years away.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

pendo, that's true too... the ep III non-spoilers section was super-hot for a little bit after the release of ep II, and has died down a little... i'm still in there though, and i am also one of those "weirdos" who don't want to know every detail of a movie two years before it even comes out...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

bigB, I see the lack of E3 discussions just as a product of downtime. Since there are no spoilers yet, I don't even care to talk about it. Next year at this time I expect it to be well traveled.

I'll never leave this site as long as SirSteve will have me. :happy:

I figured that the Ep3 section would start to pick up in a couple of years as 2005 starts to get closer. Of course, once the really big spoilers start to show up, I will definitely start to visit there more often. Although I think more fans will be going spoiler-free this time around.

I'm still reading the spoilers. I read a lot of them before I saw ATOC, and the movie still suprised me.

I don't think the lack of traffic is limited to the Episode 3 Spoilers. The Saga Toys, General Discussion, and Poll Forums are the only 3 that seem to get a lot of traffic now. Many of those threads in the Saga Forum are all either about "What's coming next" or Rumors about the toys.

I look forward to SirSteve bringing me all the Star Wars News I need for at least the next 4 years (hopefully longer).
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".