Thread: In Like Flint?

In Like Flint?

In Austin Powers 2 he says that's his favorite movie, is it a real movie?
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Why yes it is.

Here is a link to more information about it.

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0061810

(I had to take advantage of this while Jar Jar is asleep).
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

That's cool, when they first started to show it on the movie it just didn't seem real. In Like Flint sounded goofy like they made it up and the opening scenes seemed weird. But I guess that is normal for us moderners to think that way of late 60s cinema. There is a character named Austin played by someone named "Buzz", I wonder if that is where he got his name.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

In Like Flint rules!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Ah so Austin Powers got alot more from this movie than he did of anything Michael Caine.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

This is a drama about how young Dashiel Fairborne overcomes adversity to become the youngest warrant officer in the Army, right?

(10:59 PST 12/16/10 -- how long until someone picks up that reference?)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The original is Our Man Flint...Coburn rocks, he is The Voice. Remember, this was the decade of Spies, Spies, Spies: Man from U.N.C.L.E., Matt Helm movies with Dean Martin, Honey West, Wild Wild West, I Spy, James Bond on The Big Screen, etc.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    This is a drama about how young Dashiel Fairborne overcomes adversity to become the youngest warrant officer in the Army, right?

(10:59 PST 12/16/10 -- how long until someone picks up that reference?)
    Knowing is half the battle. Yo Joe!
    I am the modern man.

Our Man Flint is one of my faves. I remember watching it for the first time on the late-late-late-late show in junior high in the early 80s. I have the poster framed hanging at home.

I've always thought Austin Powers owes more to Derek Flint than James Bond.

Fox released the Flint movies separately and as a set several years ago. In the set, also included is a made for TV movie from the early 70s. I haven't seen it but I've read where it's not the greatest.