Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

heard anything about Jackie Chan's "The Tuxedo"?

I caught a SHORT ad for Jackie's new upcoming US film "The Tuxedo", what appeared to be a direct play off of the James Bond thing only with Jackie being a hapless guy who has to take the place of a secret agent in a high-tech tux, all the while passing banter with Jennifer Love Hewitt?!? That's all I got off the ad, but it almost looks like Chan is going down the "special FX" road. I hope he finally makes it here in the US as a film star in his own right, that's been important to him for a while as I understand it and he seems to deserve it.

So, has anybody heard anything about this film? Good, bad, silly?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Silly.

I've seen the theatrical trailer twice, and I'm not too interested.
    I do like Jackie Chan, and I'm looking forward to Shanghai Knights . . . but I'll leave this tuxedo on the rack.

From the trailer, Jason Issacs (the British colonel from Gibson's The Patriot) plays Clark Devlin, the super agent dude JT mentioned. He dies under duress, leaving his tux to Jackie (is he a limo driver?). JC assumes his identity, and the bulk of the trailer shows him interacting with the Tux, or should I say it shows the Tux controlling
    him . . . he can do "total destruction" mode, "boogie" mode, etc.

Oh, and it appears to take Love Hewitt awhile to figure out the identity swap, because she complains to JC aka Clark Devlin to stop with the funny accent. But later as Love is "learning" some of JC's moves, we get to hear her already bad voice screaming "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAW" in a silly Kung-Fu way.

Other than that, I can't tell you anything. I definitely won't see it in the theater, but I'll certainly give it a rental.
    Who knows? It could be a charming movie, maybe it has sleeper potential? Jackie of course gets to show off his cool moves, so there's optimism there.
    The box office has been light lately, maybe this will hit.
    But I'm predicting "no" . . .

i've seen the trailer, and that's about all i want to see. from what i've seen, this movie looks goofy, like dana carvey should be the side kick instead of J. LUV. they should of combined "master of disguise" with "the tuxedo". or better yet, they can merge the sequels.

as a jennifer hewitt fan since "party of five", i'd hoped she would have a somewhat decent career, but it's not looking that way.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Nice Avatar, derek.

I saw the trailer and thought it looked like a goofy, funny film. I like Jackie Chan from way back. I would rather see this than watch Owen Wilson ruin Chan's momentum in Shanghai Knights. Wilson has pidgeonholed himself into the goofy white sidekick role.

As for Caesar's light B.O. prediction, September is a traditionally crappy movie time. It has surpassed even the january/february doldrums because even then all the artsy oscar nods are getting wide releases then. Look what it's up against. Swimfan? Banger Sisters? I think Jackie and his goofy tuxedo have a fighting chance to rake in some Box office dough.

ROLLO!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Owen Wilson IS Jackie Chan's momentum.

Ugh, derek - you officially win the "scariest avatar" award! Horror'tars, 80s'tars, and McAvatars can't compete!

Isn't that the movie he was filming that he was going to film a scene from atop the World Trade center like a day before 9/11.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I dunno......I LOVE Jackie Chan's movies, and I don't think I have disliked one, but this one I am scared of.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Originally posted by scruffziller
    Isn't that the movie he was filming that he was going to film a scene from atop the World Trade center like a day before 9/11.
    I think that was The Window Washer. it was a comedy with Chan as a window washer, plus a maid and a bellhop preventing terrorists from bombing the WTC a second time. As you can imagine, that one probably was shredded after 9/11.

ROLLO!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

What EP said. Also, I heard he was supposed to be on the WTC on Sept 11th, but the day before, the whole crew had to stay in Canada to shoot another scene or something.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

this film opened this weekend. any reviews? Rollo???? how was it???

i'm thinking it looks better than the first previews i've seen. and seeing jackie chan do a james brown number may be worth the price of an early show ticket.