Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I always bring my own candy. Usually Reese's sticks, pieces or cups (love that PB). Uno and Rocky Road bars are also good movie-going eatin'.

I wish someone would invent some kind of popcorn in a bag that was self-heating. You know, like when you pull the cord on a lifevest and it fills up with CO2 but an instant heating unit instead that would heat the popcorn enough to pop it. I would take that into a theater instead of buying their crap. Either that or smuggle in my own microwave to pop it fresh.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

With the insane prices of snacks at the theater, I usually never get anything. Sometimes I will smuggle in my own stuff, usually fast food, because I can get a whole meal or two for the prices they are charging for their concessions. Women have it so easy, since they carry purses they can smuggle food in so much easier.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    With the insane prices of snacks at the theater, I usually never get anything. Sometimes I will smuggle in my own stuff, usually fast food, because I can get a whole meal or two for the prices they are charging for their concessions. Women have it so easy, since they carry purses they can smuggle food in so much easier.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    That sounds a lot like me. Maybe we were seperated at birth.

Originally posted by Lord_Malakite
    That sounds a lot like me. Maybe we were seperated at birth.
    What can I say, great minds think alike.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Being as how my bladder is the size of a pea I don't get anything to drink out of fear of needing a bathroom break. I usually don't get anything to eat either because it generally annoys me when I'm subjected to the masses stuffing their faces with little regard as to how loud they're being. What I can't understand is why so many people feel the need to eat in a movie? I mean come on its only a couple of hours and popcorn has to be the most annoying food to listen to someone graze over. O.K. potato chips would be worse but not by much. Thank god for home theater and DVD.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I always get a small Cherry Coke when I go to a theater. If I missed dinner or something then I will get a box of candy. What kind of candy depends on my mood at that moment (although I really dig that cookie dough candy, whatever it is called).

People with young children have the best opportunity to sneak in food, since few theater employees will search a diaper bag for snacks.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Why would anyone dare to search the diaper bag!?!
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

Originally posted by Hellboy
    I usually don't get anything to eat either because it generally annoys me when I'm subjected to the masses stuffing their faces with little regard as to how loud they're being. What I can't understand is why so many people feel the need to eat in a movie? I mean come on its only a couple of hours and popcorn has to be the most annoying food to listen to someone graze over. O.K. potato chips would be worse but not by much.
    Where have you been all my forum life?
    I've complained about this epidemic in the past, and I was surprised when it falled mostly on deaf ears.

Ugh, and when people are talking before the movie while cramming that stuff into their face?
    Listen, if your hand is lying flat across your face after you "take a bite" of popcorn, you are going wayyyyyyyyyyy over the line.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My personal smuggling record is 2 one liter bottles of soda plus one 20 ounce bottle plus 2 bags of Skittles.

I've been party to the introduction of a just-nuked box of Totino's pizza rolls, but it was a friend who did it . . .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

QLD, double-features are pretty standard for me, I find them quite efficient. My most recent one was a K-19/Goldmember double dip. Yes, I do pay for all of the movies I see.

I will usually pass on getting anything from the snackbar. They practically rape you at the ticket counter with their aggregious prices. Paying $3 for a box of gummy bears (the box makes it look like there's a lot of gummies there, but there ain't) isn't my cup of tea.

I've sneaken stuff in before including opened bottles of pop in my pockets. You have to be very careful.

But of course if someone else is buying the popcorn . . . chow time!
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

I usually get 1 or 2 from the following list of my favorites:
    - Popcorn (no butter)
    - Soda (Cherry Coke if I am feeling brave enough to tackle caffine)
    - Hot Dog
    - Raisinettes
    - Sno Caps
    - Goobers
    - Frozen Bonbons
    - Icee (though not the classic flavors like plain cherry, coke, or blueberry/blue raspberry)
    - Nachos

It's pretty pricey there, so that's why I usually only get 1 or 2 from that list. Some of the theaters in LA let you bring in outside food without hiding it, the Glendale Mann Marketplace 4 almost encourages going to one of the places in the Marketplace and bringing in food (I was shocked when they told us we could do that), but I think that's a bit too far usually.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.