Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I usually smuggle in a Coke and Twizzlers/Starburst or Mentos. I think it's crazy to buy food from the theater
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Originally posted by JediTricks
    I usually get 1 or 2 from the following list of my favorites:
    - Popcorn (no butter)
    - Soda (Cherry Coke if I am feeling brave enough to tackle caffine)
    - Hot Dog
    - Raisinettes
    - Sno Caps
    - Goobers
    - Frozen Bonbons
    - Icee (though not the classic flavors like plain cherry, coke, or blueberry/blue raspberry)
    - Nachos
    It's nice that you get all those things at the theatre JT.

Too bad about the second mortgage you had to take out on your home though.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

NO NO NO! I'm not Jabba the Cinemafan!

BTW, here's an approx price breakdown on that stuff:

- $4.50
    - $3.75
    - $3.25
    - $2.50
    - $2.50
    - $2.50
    - $3.50
    - $3.25
    - $3.75
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Popcorn, pop, some form of chocolate. Can't go to the movies without it (thank goodness we're in the boonies and only have to pay 6 bucks to get in!). Im partial to coke and jr. caramels while the "Old Girl" likes her diet coke , dry popcorn, and some of whatever chocolate Im trying to hide from her.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

if the concession stand prices weren't so insultingly high, I'd get a large buttered popcorn and a large coke or pepsi.

since the prices ARE so bad, I usually sneak in a couple candy bars - snickers & payday are my normal choices - and a 20-oz. bottle of pop or fruit juice.

i'm sorry that theatres feel they're forced to charge 1000% mark-up on popcorn and fountain drinks, due to the fees they're charged from the film companies, but it's just a matter of principle to me to not pay $3.50 - $4.75 or whatever for a bag of popcorn, or $3.00 for a cup of pop.

i don't pretend to fully understand the economics of it all, but it sure seems to me that if the theatres charged a price for snacks that showed even the faintest hint of fairness, they'd make up their profit in the higher quantity of concession stand sales.
    Last edited by SWAFMAN; 08-31-2002 at 05:12 PM.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Back in the day my buddy and I would go to the movies every week, and we'd get some soda, and he'd get some popcorn. The line would move SSOO SSLLOOWWLLYY that we joked that the employees were out harvesting the corn to pop.

And why anyone would get "butter" on their popcorn is beyond me. I worked at a movie theater for a couple months when I was 16 and the "butter" there was foul looking.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

either popcorn and a diet Mountain Dew or Reeses Pieces and Mt. Dew
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

wow so many of you say pop instead of soda, rock on pop!
    I dont want to sell you death sticks, i want to go home and rethink my life.

if I get something, I usualy get a coke and some popcorn
    but luckily the "don't bring your own food" rule isn't that important here
    I often bring my own M&M's or a coke with me
    a few years back, I went with my friend to see Independence day and we took a six-pack of 0.5 litres of coke with us and didn't even feel like hiding it and nobody cared
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

I wish the ticket prices would go down. I've gone to the movies about 25 times less in the past 3 years because of that. I'd rather buy the $2.50 box of raisinettes and the $4.75 popcorn 3 times a week if the ticket prices were low enough that I could afford to get in the door 3 times a week.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.