Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
    I like this movie, but I feel like the villain wasn't quite bringing the story's A-game and the movie suffers a little for it. Doc Ock really never was that big crazy scary villain anyway, so the movie did the right thing focusing on Spidey even more, but I felt like they tried to have it too much both ways with Octavius being a compassionate badguy who's not really responsible for his actions because the computer limbs are taking over his brain, and in the end he's still a good guy at heart. It's an ok character arc I guess, but one I felt lacking in impact.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I felt like they tried to have it too much both ways with Octavius being a compassionate badguy who's not really responsible for his actions because the computer limbs are taking over his brain, and in the end he's still a good guy at heart.
    See, I felt that's what made this film so original. You didn't have a magalo-maniac stereotype for a bad guy (like Norman Oswald - as entertaining as he was). And I really felt like Doc Ock played almost like an anti-Hero such that if he'd survived and gained control of his artificial limbs, he might've joined some kind of Marvel version of the Justice League.

Octavious was a great character!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    (like Norman Oswald - as entertaining as he was).
    Who's Norman Oswald?
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    Who's Norman Oswald?
    Whatever Willem Dafoe's character was named? Norman Osbourne? Ozzy Osbourne? The Green Goblin OK?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    See, I felt that's what made this film so original. You didn't have a magalo-maniac stereotype for a bad guy (like Norman Oswald - as entertaining as he was). And I really felt like Doc Ock played almost like an anti-Hero such that if he'd survived and gained control of his artificial limbs, he might've joined some kind of Marvel version of the Justice League.

Octavious was a great character!
    I disagree, I felt he basically had no motivation throughout the movie once he became a villain, without beliefs and convictions and reasons to do what you're doing a character becomes empty.

Norman Osborn was a much more interesting character in the first film because he tells himself he's doing what he must for the greater good, but mostly he's just looking out for himself - that character defect leads him to where he is as a villain.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, JT: everyone is entitled to their own opinion about this important issue, but mine is right!

Right on its *** maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Right on its *** maybe.
    ba dum CHING! Jedi tricks for the win!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"