Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
    I like this movie, but I feel like the villain wasn't quite bringing the story's A-game and the movie suffers a little for it. Doc Ock really never was that big crazy scary villain anyway, so the movie did the right thing focusing on Spidey even more, but I felt like they tried to have it too much both ways with Octavius being a compassionate badguy who's not really responsible for his actions because the computer limbs are taking over his brain, and in the end he's still a good guy at heart. It's an ok character arc I guess, but one I felt lacking in impact.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

Kylo Ren - came from Space Brooklyn, although he moved to Space Williamsburg before it was trendy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I felt like they tried to have it too much both ways with Octavius being a compassionate badguy who's not really responsible for his actions because the computer limbs are taking over his brain, and in the end he's still a good guy at heart.
    See, I felt that's what made this film so original. You didn't have a magalo-maniac stereotype for a bad guy (like Norman Oswald - as entertaining as he was). And I really felt like Doc Ock played almost like an anti-Hero such that if he'd survived and gained control of his artificial limbs, he might've joined some kind of Marvel version of the Justice League.

Octavious was a great character!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    (like Norman Oswald - as entertaining as he was).
    Who's Norman Oswald?
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    Who's Norman Oswald?
    Whatever Willem Dafoe's character was named? Norman Osbourne? Ozzy Osbourne? The Green Goblin OK?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    See, I felt that's what made this film so original. You didn't have a magalo-maniac stereotype for a bad guy (like Norman Oswald - as entertaining as he was). And I really felt like Doc Ock played almost like an anti-Hero such that if he'd survived and gained control of his artificial limbs, he might've joined some kind of Marvel version of the Justice League.

Octavious was a great character!
    I disagree, I felt he basically had no motivation throughout the movie once he became a villain, without beliefs and convictions and reasons to do what you're doing a character becomes empty.

Norman Osborn was a much more interesting character in the first film because he tells himself he's doing what he must for the greater good, but mostly he's just looking out for himself - that character defect leads him to where he is as a villain.

Kylo Ren - came from Space Brooklyn, although he moved to Space Williamsburg before it was trendy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Blog Entries
    Well, JT: everyone is entitled to their own opinion about this important issue, but mine is right!

Right on its *** maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Right on its *** maybe.
    ba dum CHING! Jedi tricks for the win!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"