Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Yeah, cause we all know that radioactive/genetically engineered spiders will give you super powers, right JT. Venom is a classic charecter, so I don't see a huge problem with it. How is it any less realistic then a guy with robotic tentacles or a man that mutates into a lizard.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    And a guy having spider-powers is normal?
    Insert sig line of your choosing here.

Originally posted by mylow thehutt
    And a guy having spider-powers is normal?
    What, you don't have Spider-powers? Every collector should have them. The web slingers are great for getting those figures off the top shelf.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

It's the difference between being grounded in the semi-reality they've created and not being grounded at all. I never said Spidey was realistic, I said I thought they should "try to keep it as grounded in "reality" as possible to give it a really authentic feel." which is totally different from saying it's realistic.

It'd be like adding Superman to a Batman movie, we know they're from the same universe but the more alien and abstract you get, the less you are able to grab the audience with the concepts you are trying to put across in the scant 2 hours you have.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, they are adding Superman to a Batman movie, "Batman vs. Superman" is in production now. Besides, that is one of the strengths of Marvel and DC, that all these different heroes get their origins from different areas. Not to mention you don't have to look any father then the Justice League, for being able to combine more grounded in reality charecters with alien charecters succesfully.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

The thing with Justice League is that while it is a great cartoon I see there being very little possibility of the material making a compelling live-action movie. What works in cartoons/comics doesn't necessarily work on the silver screen, the last two Batman movies should be indication of that. Compare that to the success of the toned down adaptations of Superman 1, X-Men, Batman 1 and Spiderman.
    "Luke' I am your father!"

"You may be my father, but who's your daddy!?!"

The Amazing Spider-Man

What do you guys think of the title for Spider-Man 2?

I think it's cool because it's honors the comic books, but I really cannot see it fit in. I think I would prefer just Spider-Man 2, or a small sub-title.

Also, will it just be called The Amazing Spider-Man or will it be called Spider-Man II - The Amazing Spider-Man?

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Is is really gonna be called "The Amazing Spider-Man"? I love that name!

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Aha! Somebody over at Sony read my post! Hooray!

ROLLO!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Originally posted by JesusFreak
    Is is really gonna be called "The Amazing Spider-Man"? I love that name!
    Yeah it is really gonna be called that . I read about it on countingdown.com, click here.

I still can't see the title fitting in .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

It sounds like they are already digging themselves into that Batman franchise hole.

Two villains is a bad idea, and it's already been proven the wrong way to go. Especially when one is planned out to be the Lizard????

He's not even really a villain, just a sad old scientist who screwed up his formula. If they want multiple costumed villains, use the rhino and electro as henchmans and make kingpin the villain of the piece. Cast Michael Clarke Duncan and have continuity with the DD film. It's clear that Marvel is planning on moving their universe from the page to the film world. Start connecting the dots....

However...the best villains are ones that have personal ties to the hero. A strong relationship is needed. This is why the batman films began to suck. WHY was Two Face not the main villain of a film???? He's second only to the Joker in closeness to Batman. Making him the riddlers sidekick was suicide.

Unfortunately, spidey has been blessed with one of the lamest rogues galleries in comics. Whats worse, he does not have emotional ties to any of them...except for Green goblin and Venom.

Venom gets under PP's skin like no other villain has before. He threatens his home life, love life, proffesional life. He also adds a level of guilt to PP's psyche....Venom exists BECAUSE of spidey's mistakes.

I'd say make Venom the Villain of the next two films and explore it properly.......but that aint going to happen....

As for a JLA film....I have a few ideas for that one.....