Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Post Spider-Man 2 info *SPOILERS*

I read somewhere that the bad guys in Spider-Man 2 will be Doctor Octopus and the Lizard. Does anyone know if this is true?
    Has anyone got any more info on Spidey 2, and how many sequels has Tobey Maguire signed up for?

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Yep, Dr. Octopus and The Lizard are supposed to be the two main baddies in the new film. Hopefully Sam Raimi doesn't keep killing the bad guys in every movie. That hurt the batman franchise, and could hurt Spider-Man as well.

I heard that there will be a total of 3 movies, but there will be a longer wait in between Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man 3 because Sam Raimi is going to be doing a movie called "30 Days of Night". Venom is tagged as the likely villian for Spider-Man 3.

http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial...8&obj_id=35422

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Thanx for the info JJB!!! Won't Harry be turning into the Hobgoblin (sp?) in one of the movies??? I was kinda hoping to see that, and the first film left it open for him getting his revenge on Spider-Man.

PENDO!
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Originally posted by Pendo
    Thanx for the info JJB!!! Won't Harry be turning into the Hobgoblin (sp?) in one of the movies??? I was kinda hoping to see that, and the first film left it open for him getting his revenge on Spider-Man.

PENDO!
    Actually, Harry would become the new Green Goblin if it is put into one of the sequels. Hobgoblin is a completely different character.

Ok, thanx Lord_Malakite . Shows how much I read the comics . Well I'll try again...

Won't Harry be turning into another Green Goblin in one of the movies???

PENDO!
    My DVD Collection

He may, but I don't see it happening in the second movie. There is always a possibility for the third movie, since only Venom is likely so far. But Venom is such a complex charecter, that I would rather see him be the focus. They should continue the theme of him hating Spidey thru S-M 2 and 3 though.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Any thoughts on who would make a good Eddie Brock/Venom?
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

I think Dolph Lungren would be a good choice. He's got the pysical size for Eddie/Venom. He may be a bit older, but they are going to have to revamp the charecter slightly since they can't do "Secret Wars" as a movie anyway. Hopefully they go with the origins from the animated series.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I can't remember where I saw it but I read an interview with Sam Raimi regarding the sequel's villians. He said he planned on having 2 villians in the second movie and that Doc. Octopus was not going to be one of them. His reasoning was that he is one of his personal favorite enemies of Spiderman and felt his story was to big to be sharing screen time with another villian. He also felt that the special effects would be more up to task by the time the 3rd movie comes around and hinted that the Lizard and the Vulture could possibly be in the 1st sequel. However we all know how plans change so anything could happen.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Well, according to Avi Arad (Marvel Studios Head/ Spider-Man Executive Producer) and Kristen Dunst (Mary Jane Watson), Dr. Octopus will be in Spider-Man 2. This is from Cinescape.com.

SPIDER-MAN 2 screenwriters speak
    It’s looking better and better for Spidey’s bad man
    Dateline: Thursday, May 9, 2002

By: CHRISTOPHER ALLAN SMITH
    By: News Editor
    Source: EW

The screenwriters of SPIDER-MAN 2, among others, are talking about what fans can expect in the sequel to Marvel Comic’s biggest film to date.

The writers, replacing SPIDER-MAN’s David Koepp who decided not to return for a second outing, are Alfred Gough and Miles Millar, who also guide another superhero through his early years in TV’s SMALLVILLE.

"It's sort of a thrilling and daunting task to do the sequel,” Gough told ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY. "They've really hit one out of the park in the first movie, which is great, because it leaves you a lot of areas to explore in the sequel… ''I can't really talk about it, Avi Arad [President of Marvel Studios] will send the X-Men out to kill me!"

They did not kill Kirsten Dunst, who recently revealed Dr. Octopus and The Lizard would be appearing in SPIDER-MAN 2, which Arad all but confirmed a few days later.
    Dr. Octopus coming to SPIDER-MAN 2?
    Arad hints heavily at what’s to come
    Dateline: Tuesday, May 7, 2002

By: CHRISTOPHER ALLAN SMITH
    By: News Editor
    Source: Chicago Sun Times

Marvel Studios head and SPIDER-MAN executive producer Avi Arad is all but revealing the villain in next year’s SPIDER-MAN 2.

"We're just starting to write the script, but Dr. Octopus might make a good villain,"Arad said to the CHICAGO SUN TIMES’ Cindy Pearlman. "I can't confirm anything except that we'll push it to the limits in the sequel. The sequel can't be the next chapter or a retread… The one disappointment is that (SPIDER-MAN writer) David Koepp our writer doesn't want to come back. He wants to do other things because he did nine drafts of this movie. So we've hired other writers who are working on it at this moment."
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks