Thread: Birthplace?

Question Birthplace?

Where do you think Luke and Leia will be born, and do you think they will be born during the movie or before/after the film?

I think they will be born during the movie on Naboo.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Yeah, I think they'll be born on naboo. Then Leia and Padme will go to alderaan, padme will go into hiding and raise leia for a couple years then will give her into the Organa's keeping, and go back into hiding. Luke and Obi-Wan will go to Tatooine.

I think they'll be born on Naboo, Leia goes to Alderaan in a few years (if she could remember Padmé in ROTJ), and Obi-Wan takes Yoda and Luke to Dagobah (making the "Out of a dream" line meaningful), and then Obi changes his name to Ben and takes Luke and himself to Tatooine.

I think leia and lukes birthplace will be on corucant,I dont know why,but,they could be born in the beginning before anything really happens.after they are born something happens and the twins are seperated.
    A pill To Make you numb
    a pill to make you dumb
    a pill to make you anybody else
    but all the drugs in this world wont save her from herself

the chorus form Marilyn Mansons "Coma White"

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    Luke and Leia will be born on Dagobah while Yoda, Padme and Obi-Wan are Fleeing Palpatine and Vader. Yoda will stay behind, Padme will take Leia to Alderaan and Obi-Wan will take Luke to Tatooine. They will be born at the end of the movie with the final shot of Obi-Wan giving Luke to Owen and Beru Lars on Tatooine...then he will walk off to his hutt as the twins suns set on the horizon.
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

they could be born anywhere, maybe even on a ship in space, (during the beginning of Ep 3, maybe even in secret before Ep 3 starts) then Lea is wisked off to Alderaan. I like the idea of Luke hiding out with Yoda on Dagobah as an infant.

Maybe Obi Wan has some unfinished business he has to take care of first (say, Darth Vader...) so he gives Luke to Yoda who goes far away to Dagobah. Then later, Obi wan picks up Luke and takes him to Tatooine because maybe it's too dangerous to have Luke and Yoda in the same place- both of them are very strong presences in the Force, risking detection by the dark side.

Say, I like that. I should be writing the script!

Originally posted by Wookiee
    they could be born anywhere, maybe even on a ship in space, (during the beginning of Ep 3, maybe even in secret before Ep 3 starts) then Lea is wisked off to Alderaan. I like the idea of Luke hiding out with Yoda on Dagobah as an infant.

Maybe Obi Wan has some unfinished business he has to take care of first (say, Darth Vader...) so he gives Luke to Yoda who goes far away to Dagobah. Then later, Obi wan picks up Luke and takes him to Tatooine because maybe it's too dangerous to have Luke and Yoda in the same place- both of them are very strong presences in the Force, risking detection by the dark side.

Say, I like that. I should be writing the script!
    The only problem with that is...Dagobah is the perfect place for Yoda...since there are massive life forms...thus he is protected from being detected as a Force user since his Force signature is masked by Dagobah...so Yoda and Luke could theoretically hide out there indefinitely.
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

good point Ross-

how bout this-
    Yoda's plan is to keep Luke there on Dagobah with him and raise him as the Jedi's last Hope.

But Obi Wan, his thoughts clouded by his emotions, and feeling responsible for Anakin falling to the dark side and almost wiping out the entire Jedi Order decides he must take up the responsibility of Luke for himslef. He "steals" Luke away from Yoda, against Yoda's orders. This causes a rift in the remaining few Jedi, further weakening and crushing the order.

Obi Wan goes to Tatooine and realizes he's alienated himself from his friend and teacher, Yoda, all to no avail. Obi Wan is not ready to teach Luke all the way from infancy, he was not even successful in teaching a fully grown Padawan. But it's too dangerous to take him back to Dagobah, it's best to lay low, so he trusts him to his uncle and aunt. "Ben" Kenobi then goes into hiding with the eventual hope that someday when Luke is a little older, maybe he'll be able to teach him in the ways of the force, or even send him back to see Yoda. Obi Wan carries the hope that if he can deliver Luke back to Yoda someday, Yoda might forgive him for his failures.

I know there's a few holes in this plotline too, but if it worked, it would make the reunion of Obi Wan, Anakin and Yoda as spirits in RoTJ all that more meaningful.

Re: good point Ross-

Originally posted by Wookiee
    Obi Wan carries the hope that if he can deliver Luke back to Yoda someday, Yoda might forgive him for his failures.

I know there's a few holes in this plotline too, but if it worked, it would make the reunion of Obi Wan, Anakin and Yoda as spirits in RoTJ all that more meaningful.
    I don't think that Yoda blames Obi-Wan for the Sith crushing the Jedi Order through Anakin...since Yoda said long before Anakin was Obi-Wan's padawan when he stated that the darkside was difficult to see...and Yoda and the other Jedi sensed danger in Anakin's training...so for them not be on their guard even after they approved of his training is their own fault. They put so much hope in the prophecy and that Anakin was the chosen one (assuming that the "Chosen One" MUST be a lightside force user), that they lost sight of how it might be fulfilled...which ultimately spelled their doom!