Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Any TRU employees?

I have an interview at TRU tomorrow and I was wondering- if I worked there and we got in a new case of stuff, do I get first dibs, or what?
    With one wing, one can only fly in circles

I suppose you could always ask TRU . . .
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

boy, i would love to work at a meijers or wal*mart! maybe when i get a car i can apply for a job at wal*mart! yeah!
    h
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

Yeah, I guess you could from what I've heard from a friend of mine who used to work at a TRU. That's why some stuff never gets to hit the aisle: it doesn't get past the warehouse.
    Hard to see, the dark side is.

The general rule is not to act as a consumer during your work hours. So if you're clocked out, and you find something you like, then go for it. But otherwise, you're on their time, and you'll be too busy to look.

Work and hobby do not mix well. You have been warned.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
    The general rule is not to act as a consumer during your work hours. So if you're clocked out, and you find something you like, then go for it. But otherwise, you're on their time, and you'll be too busy to look.

Work and hobby do not mix well. You have been warned.
    Lord Tenebrous is correct. That can be cause for termintation if you are caught! And how good would that look in the next job interview???

"So why were you fired from TRU?"
    "Uh . . . cause I was caught trying to put back some Star Wars figures before they got to the floor."
    ". . . . . . . . . . . Next!"

Rule of thumb is if you see it, and you want it, get it on your lunch break!! That way you are off the clock, and you will not get into any trouble. SW is not worth your job, cause without the job, you have no $ for SW. Sheez
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

amen.
    "It takes more than one step to go the extra mile for someone"

Good Sellers:

BJBFrericks

You already would have an advantage over everyone else knowing what's in stock. Let someone else have a shot at getting at the stash too.

IMO it would be more fair that way.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I used to have a part-time job at TRU back in the summer of 2000, just for some extra cash during the summer. In general, the managers at the store where I worked hated collectors, so if I were you I would not even let on the to the fact that you collect anything until after you've been working there for a while. Definitely do NOT mention it in the interview.

You just have to be careful. I was fortunate that there was already another long time employee there who collected Star Wars stuff, and he would clue me in to when stuff was coming into the store. I only put stuff on hold for myself when the items were going out to the floor anyway, and I always made sure that I did not take all of a particular figure from a case. I made sure that the rarer stuff always made it to the floor for the regular customers.

I would simply put the items I wanted into the "hold" area and then after I punched out for the day I would have someone get them out of the "hold" area, and then I would purchase them as a regular customer would. That was the correct way to do things.

If you get the job... whatever you do... do not try to "hide" toys in some area of the floor or storeroom where they do not belong. That's a no-no. If you want to buy something, put it in the "hold" area and then deal with the purchase after you have punched out. That's how I always did it, and most of the other employees did it the same way.

They may have changed the rules since I worked there, but that is how it worked back in 2000.

thanks for the info, looks like I'm getting the job!
    oh, and how long was it before you got a raise? They're starting me at $7 an hour which isn't really too much since I have to pay rent
    With one wing, one can only fly in circles