Hoth's Indigenous Lifeforms

Question: If the wampas eats tauntauns, what does the tautaun eat? I would assume that it is a herbivore, but where are there any plants on Hoth? Is there an explanation anywhere about this or is it just one of those things that was not considered?
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

Everytime a stormtrooper misses his target a Taun taun is born.

The Circle of Life continues...
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

Good one, bill!

Seriously, though , tauntauns eat moss that grows in ice caves on Hoth. Check out the Illustrated Star Wars Universe, Essential Guide to Alien Species, or the Wildlife of Star Wars for more info and pictures. . . or maybe Jargo or JarJarBinks have some on hand and will post 'em here.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Since this thread is called "Hoth's Indigenous Lifeforms"
    Let me ask this:
    How did the Wampa Freeze Lukes feet to the top of the cave??

And how does something so big sneak up on a tauntaun?
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

To answer both your questions, Ice Breath and Sneakers.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Seriously now, I thought the Tauntaun knew something was afoot when she started goin kooky. Luke probably didn't hear the wampa because of the raging storm all aroung him, and Wampas have probably adapted so that they can make no sound when walking through snow.

Talking

FOZZY (after telling a joke) WAMPA-WAMPA-WAMPA!
    Indian (name for money) Wampa
    :happy:

Snow. They eat snow. ...? They eat moss? I just find that very funny. Actually, it would be funnier if they ate blown up Probe Droid parts. Yum.
    "Ohnomyfriendthisisamistakeaterriblemistaketheyhav egonetoofarthisismadness!" -Count Dooku, AOTC