Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

COUNT DOOKU - loose and reviewed

Hey guys - this one's really nice!

His lightsaber is awesome, removeable blade, and it attaches to his belt clip - though unfortunately on his wrong side (Dooku wears it on his left and cross-draws)

(if you rotate the belt around so the saber hilt attaches on the correct side - the snap section is in front and it looks worse... I haven't thought of turning the belt upside down, so if it works, I'll post an update)

His uniform is very plain and simple. Reminds you of Death Star II Luke's crossed with Tarkin's tunic.

You've all seen the head sculpt. It is by far THE MOST ACCURATE I've ever seen. Too bad Dooku is not my all-time favorite character or something, but good sculpts I've noticed lately, though this guy is king! (Jango Ultimate Bounty Hunter is pretty right-on as well though).

DOOKU'S CAPE IS MOST INTERESTING:

the plastic chain snaps into place, however, it is also sewn in there, so be careful if you plan on moving, re-moving, or adjusting this piece. There are holes in the cape with little "o-rings" in there, and when boxed, Dooku has clear-bands going through the rings to "pose" his cape. When loose, I suppose they are useless and were they on the real costume, Christopher Lee would have trouble wearing that past airport security. However, you could sew something through there, or use clear bands, to "pose" the cape. This could make a very cool display. However, the shoulder pads are less pliable and want to fit him extremely snuggly. Yet the cloak itself is a very thick material than is sort of "poseable." I'm sure in loose pictures from fans we're going to see some things that look interesting.

Dooku's hands: he can double handle the lightsaber. And his finger grips help a lot, because his uniform is rather stiff, so he's not quick to pose, though very versatile once you get him there. There's a large knob on the saber that Hasbro insisted on wrapping the clear band around twice. Be careful to remove the band slowly, preserving your knob. That's where it attaches to his belt when you want him just wearing the hilt.

Overall, I'm very happy with this figure. I'm wondering if he fits my top 10 list and I'm probably going over to my "rank the 12" post" and try and figure this out.

He won't top 14" electronic Vader, the Speederbike w. Bikerscout, and Ultimate Jango Fett, but I think Dooku comes in VERY CLOSE!

Now that's quality!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Cool, thanks for the info Tycho. I've been wanting to get some E2 12" figures and I think I'll start with this one.

Does he look very good against Anakin and/or Obi-Wan?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by LTBasker
    Cool, thanks for the info Tycho. I've been wanting to get some E2 12" figures and I think I'll start with this one.

Does he look very good against Anakin and/or Obi-Wan?
    I put him with Anakin because Obi-Wan is busy playing Civil War Hospital with Zam. They look great!

However, IMO Anakin is a better looking figure than Obi-Wan.

Dooku is just way better than either of them, though! (but I like Anakins clothing he has on him).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Tycho, Check your 12" Count Dooku's hand and look at the thumb, does yours have it's thumb on backwards?? Mine does I just wanted to see if it was a only one time error or thats how there all produced!!
    "Eat My Shorts"-Bart Simpson
    "I SEE YOU''-Sauron the Dark Lord
    -Maul- l_l

Yeah! I can't wait either. I ordered my Dooku as well as Super Battle Droid and Zam through toysrus.com. It's being shipped UPS though and I just know I won't be there to pick it up and then I'll have to have them ship it to my work address (dumy me for not doing that in the first place) and with the holiday weekend coming up, I probably won't see it til Tuesday of next week.

Oh well, at least I know it's in transit. Looks GREAT from the pictures!
    Move along, move along

My Dooku doesn't have his thumbs on backwards. I don't even see how that's possible.

Sorry.

Mine is a variation, I just wanted to know if anybody else had this variation sorry I bothered you Tycho!!
    -Maul- l_l

I believe you. Take a picture, or scan his hand or something.

It's just hard for me to picture.

You didn't "bother me," LOL

I posted so I could answer questions if you guys got them.

I know a lot of you are hesitating on this wave because of Zam Wessel.

Unfortunetly, I don't have a scanner sorry !!
    -Maul- l_l