Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Lightbulb The final Battle with Dooku... (and other alternate paths)

I don't know how many of you have thought this, but every time I see the film I just think that Obi-Wan should have held off Dooku and let Anakin run into the Solar Sailer and slash it all up so Dooku couldn't escape in it.

I always think that if both Ani and Obi-Wan had been injured and Yoda came in to fight Dooku... it would have been more exciting if they (and we) think he is stranded on Geonosis only to find that he has another ship waiting OR he hijacks a republic craft. He could have run to the other craft while Yoda was trying to keep the tower from falling on Ani and Obi-Wan.

Any other thoughts on alternate paths the film could have taken?
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!

Re: The final Battle with Dooku... (and other alternate paths)

Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
    I don't know how many of you have thought this, but every time I see the film I just think that Obi-Wan should have held off Dooku and let Anakin run into the Solar Sailer and slash it all up so Dooku couldn't escape in it.

I always think that if both Ani and Obi-Wan had been injured and Yoda came in to fight Dooku... it would have been more exciting if they (and we) think he is stranded on Geonosis only to find that he has another ship waiting OR he hijacks a republic craft. He could have run to the other craft while Yoda was trying to keep the tower from falling on Ani and Obi-Wan.

Any other thoughts on alternate paths the film could have taken?
    This is one part of the movie that I really thought was cheezy...Obi-Wan was merely scratched and fell to the ground unable to fend off D'ooku. Anakin lost an arm and passed out from shock...that I can understand...but the whole Yoda thing with the pillar...he should have force-threw it into D'ooku ship...preventing him from taking off...IMHO.
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

I think it woulda been cool if Ani and Padme got married in the middle of the movie while still on Naboo, then in the end Dooku throws down the things on Ani and Obi-Wan, Yoda tries to stop it, while Padme and the Clonetroopers arrive. Dooku jumps on the ship, Dooku force pushes the troopers off the ship and takes Padme hostage. End of the movie. I know this wouldnt have worked too well but its a nice cliff hanger for Ep. 3

Yeah...then it would be ROTJ all over...starting with Padme's rescue! BORRRRINNNG!
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

Re: The final Battle with Dooku... (and other alternate paths)

Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
    The main problem with this theory is that it doesn't take into consideration Anakin and Obi-Wan's arrogance. Anakin obviously felt that he was dealing with some old man and they didn't need to take him cautiously. Obi-Wan felt he could take Dooku too. It all made sense... except one thing.

When Yoda was fighting Dooku, Dooku force-moved that big metal cylinder thing on top of Anakin and Obi-Wan. Yoda, wanting to protect them stopped it, but only very slowly. Like he had a problem with the mass or weight of the object. That makes no sense! In ESB, he had no problem moving Luke's X-Wing out of the swamp. Yoda should have been able to move that huge metal thing quickly. THEN, while Dooku jumped on his solar ship, Yoda should have force-moved Dooku's ship into the wall. Even veered it off course would have been effective. I don't understand why he didn't slam that solar ship into the rock walls of the cave.

Don't you agree that would not only have been possible, but the most logical course of action?
    An interruption in communication can only mean one thing

Unless Dooku was using the force to push the pillar down on top of the Jedi. That would mean that Yoda was straining against Dooku, not the weight of the object.
    ubi mel ibi apes

Dooku wasn't forcing anything... he was tucking his tail between his legs and running to his solar ship to run back to mommy (Darth Sideous).
    An interruption in communication can only mean one thing

Yeah, I was confused by that too. Yoda looked liked he was putting up a big struggle to get that away from them, yet dooku controlled it with one hand fairly easily.

That scene has bothered me for a long time now...

Yoda: (To Luke in ESB) "Size matters not...judge me by my size do you?...it (the Force) illuminates the weak...not this crude matter (referring to physical strength)."

I don't see how or why Yoda struggled so much with that pillar...maybe this is something that only JarJar can explain.

There can be a couple possibilities to this problem:

1) Yoda was trying to make Luke understand that he needed to be confident in his abilities. Remember--he was being trained to take on the Dark Lords of the Sith. Perhaps there are limitations to what a Jedi can accomplish with the Force (after all, Geonosis was a slaughterhouse caused by Battle Droids).

2) Yoda was weakened by his battle with Darth Tyranus. He is 800+ years old, and his lightsaber fighting style probably required heavy use of the Force to execute. I doubt his cane is just a fashion statement. By the time he had to stop the pillar, he might have been running on fumes. This would also explain why he couldn't hoist and whip the object at the Solar Sailer.

3) Yoda absorbed Darth Tyranus' Sith lightning. True, Obi-Wan did it also, but he used his lightsaber to absorb the energy. Yoda absorbed it into his own body, and the second time it did appear as though it was painful for him. Perhaps the lightning did weaken him, but not to the extent that it weakened Anakin and later Luke and Darth Vader.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm