Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Expect more from original trilogy DVDs?

Do you expect more from original trilogy DVDs? If so why?

I know I will because I think they will alwaystry to top themselves somehow.

I just hope the original trilogy DVD's have all versions of the movies on them. As long as I can watch the non-special editions then I will be happy. But there was too much cool stuff in the Special editions to forget them completely (Han stepping on Jabba's tail, the new Wampa scene and the new ending to ROTJ), but I want to be able to choose which one I watch.

Original trailers and TV commercials would be cool too, especially the teaser trailer for ROTJ when we see Luke slicing skiff guards with a blue lightsaber. Cool stuff.

Thumbs up

I expect to see the deleted anchorhead scenes...the SW holiday special, and more deleted scenes that werent included in the Special editions. Lets have faith!!
    As always...........L

I can't even imagine the work they have ahead for themselves on these films. I'm sure all of the reference material is badly deteriorated and will need years of restoration before Uncle George will even give the green light to the OT/SET DVDs.

They will have to scour the archives and sort through all the production stills, behind the scenes footage and pre-production material to even come close to what they included on the TPM DVD. YOW!!!
    I am hoping for a completed version of the Anchorhead scene, the original Cantina sequence, the Wampa pen scenes and the Sandstorm scene.

It would be great to see the OT scenes next to the SET scenes kinda the way they showed the storyboards/animatics/finished film section.

Nevertheless... I can't wait... but I WILL, because I want it to be done properly!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I'd like to see the rough cut of ANH (much longer than the original release) and the short documentary spoof Return of the Ewok, along with all the making of specials.

Hold my breath, though, I do not.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

On the Trilogy DVDs we should be able to switch between classic versions and their Special Editions. There should also be new 'making ofs' like "The Begining". They could be called "The Begining", "The Middle", and "The End". LOL.
    They should have trailers, tv spots, etc. for both classic and Special Edition versions.
    Maybe DVD-ROM features, like Episode I DVD but you don't need the Internet.
    They should all have 'Audio Comentary', and 'Movie Music Only' audio options.

The list is endless...

PENDO!
    Last edited by Pendo; 10-23-2001 at 02:34 PM.

Originally posted by Lobito
    I expect to see the deleted anchorhead scenes...the SW holiday special, and more deleted scenes that werent included in the Special editions. Lets have faith!!
    I saw the Star Wars Holiday Special the night it aired (I was 12 or 13 at the time). Years later a friend of mine bought a bootleg video, complete with commercials. Seeing it at 12 or 13 it was facinating, if at times high camp. Seeing it in my 30's made me long for the memories of camp and facination. The bottom line, you really DO NOT want to see the Holiday Special. It is special in name only. The sad reality is that it is slow moving, VERY much a 70's variety show, and just not as much fun as you might be hoping (if you've never seen it or have not seen it since it originally aired).

As for what should be included, I would say all deleted scenes, including the uncorrected version of the Han/Jabba scene. It would be fun to see that with just the actors, perhaps side-by-side with the SE version. Let us see the B&W Cantina footage from the LucasFilm CD, the cut sandstorm, Biggs on Tatooine, Wampas, and other scenes we've heard so much about. And any volume of behind the scenes footage from all of the films and the making of the Special Editions. Cram that sucker full of stuff. I agree that it will take years to produce, if done right. And if done right, I'm willing to wait. I think that is why we got Episode I so quickly, yet we must wait for Episodes IV-VI.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

Re: Expect more from original trilogy DVDs?

Originally posted by master jedi
    Do you expect more from original trilogy DVDs? If so why?
    No not really,Since the EP1 DVD hasn't got all the deleted scenes I expected to be on it although Each classic movie would have heaps of stuff about it on the DVD so it would be heaps better than the EP1 DVD .
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I can't wait for ANH, ESB and RotJ to appear on DVD but does anyone know when that might be?
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
    I can't wait for ANH, ESB and RotJ to appear on DVD but does anyone know when that might be?
    After Episode 3 I believe,Lucas is going to release them in order
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious