Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How was Darth Maul trained?

We all know that Maul was trained by Sideous. But how and when? Palpatine was a resident of Naboo and their planet's senator. To train an apprentice takes time. To choose an apprentice takes time. Where did he get all this extra time to #1 become a master of the dark side and #2 come up with this awesome plot to overthrow the republic and #3 become a mentor and master of a sith apprentice?

Also, was Darth Maul still a sith apprentice when he fought Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan or was he a Sith (gone thru the trials and such)?
    An interruption in communication can only mean one thing

Well I believe lotsa that is explained in Darth Maul's Journal but anyways I'm guessing Sidious came up with the plan before he became Senator and everything, he coulda trained Maul then too. And there is no just normal sith, only master and apprentice, Maul only would have become master if Sidious had died and Maul had trained someone as his apprentice

Re: How was Darth Maul trained?

Originally posted by Chewtobacco
    We all know that Maul was trained by Sideous. But how and when? Palpatine was a resident of Naboo and their planet's senator. To train an apprentice takes time. To choose an apprentice takes time. Where did he get all this extra time to #1 become a master of the dark side and #2 come up with this awesome plot to overthrow the republic and #3 become a mentor and master of a sith apprentice?

Also, was Darth Maul still a sith apprentice when he fought Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan or was he a Sith (gone thru the trials and such)?
    The man never slept. In the visual dictionary it says "Close aides say that Palpatine sometimes works for days without sleeping."

I would guess that Maul was trained from almost birth on Coruscant, perhaps in the lower levels, maybe an entire sector down there that Palpatine secretly owned.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Or, maybe, Sidious really *insert "shocking" music here* isn't Palpatine, as most of us were thinking....

Or, then again, maybe not
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

well, hasn't it been said somewhere that DM was a failure as a fledgling jedi? Hence his eventual hatred for them?

Clearly he had some force training, and the darkside is easier to master and reap the rewards of. I'm thinking he started in with the sith thing around 13 or 14'

Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
    well, hasn't it been said somewhere that DM was a failure as a fledgling jedi? Hence his eventual hatred for them?
    Really? If anyone knows more info on this I'd like to know.

I believe Overlord has DM confused with Aurra Sing.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    I believe Overlord has DM confused with Aurra Sing.
    Thats very possible....I am often confused...

If I remember correctly, Aurra Sing didn't really fail as a "fledgling Jedi". She was stolen from "The Dark Woman" by pirates when she was 9, and didn't have a chance to finish her training.