Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up ROTJ Jabba & Yarna D'al Gargan

I have been waiting for these two for a long time now. WHat needs to be done to get them. I would figure that Jabba would sell out, why not make him. Yarna would add to any assortment. Any one else interested?
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I dunno who Yarna is, but I am all for a new Jabba.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Yarna is the fat dancer. And yes...We would like to see these ASAP.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

the master jedi
    I'm suprised they didn't make Yarna back in the 80's or at least in the PotF2 line several years ago.

Wink

Yeah! A big, sloppy, fat Jabba with all the fixin's. Water pipe, bowl o' frogs, Salacious Crumb in a seated position, perhaps even the rotsserie behind him, and his fat, six-mammaried personal dancing concubine. This, I would pay much dinero for.

Not a bad idea, but I'd rather see an ROTJ Jabba that came with a Slave Leia that could sit properly.

Yarna could be done as a regular figure with Bubo as the accessory, since so many folks seem to want Bubo these days. (Does this remind you of "Gabbo"? BUBO! BUBO! BUBO! )
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Unhappy

yarna never made it because the EU painted her as a floozy and more than just a friendly lady if you catch my drift

If Hasbro just made her with the new detail they've got into the figures, so we get all her warts and all that craxy costume detail, plus label her as 'Yarna D'al Gargan - Jabba's favourite' or something inocuous like that we can leave her unsolubrious EU history behind.

Apparently, Lucas didn't want a character of that nature as a toy for kids, but as it will be the collectors who pick her up not the kids I can't see why in this enlightened age we can't have the final dancer from Jabba's court.

Maybe she'll make it to the next fan choice if we wish really hard!

I concur with the sentiment that we need a POTJ Jabba the Hutt. Below is a reprinted portion of one of my four Wish List threads from the Old Forums which outlines my ideal version of this much needed figure/set:

Jabba the Hutt Deluxe Playset - I'm probably not the first to suggest as much, but i have an idea of what would make this far superior to the original. The playset should include as its centerpiece, Jabba's throne. But not just the throne itself, include the brazier and spit (with removable roast) behind Jabba as well as the arch from which a removable (perhaps magnetic) Wol Caba(censored)e can attempt to lick C-3PO.
    Of course Jabba is a must, in repose as in ROTJ with a SEATED Salacious Crumb. Be sure not to cut corners on Jabba, make him as accurate as possible and avoid gimics!
    The playset would be rounded out with the inclusion of not one but TWO additional figures, C-3PO (slime stained, be fair this would not make a good stand alone figure, but as part of a playset it is quite appropriate) and, of course, a seated Princess Leia (she would have to be designed to be forever in a seated position, but then that's how most of her time as Jabba's prisoner was spent, and there is already a standing version anyway).

There you have it, the ultimate Jabba set. For those of you poised to suggest that Bubo is a must-have pack-in, though I agree, I think he is best served elsewhere, like in my suggested Jawa (with palm-frond fan) and Bubo Two-Pack!

And not to get too far off subject, another Hutt is long overdue for the figure treatment. That's right, GARDULLA the HUTT! We need a figure of the massive female Hutt so Jabba won't be so lonely as the former lone Hutt of the Star Wars toy universe. Sound off today if you agree with JediCole!

And now to Yarna.
    In all honesty I doubt most collectors have the EU history of any character that ACTUALLY APPEARED ON FILM in their minds when they buy a figure. I certainly wasn't thinking, "Oh wow, they made that peaceful botonist", when I bought my Momaw Nadon figure. There is little likelyhood that such history enters into the equasion. The real reason we have not previously seen Yarna is quite obvious. Until recently (perhaps the last year or so), she was frankly unmarketable (at least in Hasbro's eyes). You see, if you think back on the history of the POTF2 line and its offspring (Shadows of the Empire, Expanded Universe, and Power of the Jedi), you can see an evolution from the original "Hasbro is a toy company and toys are for kids, therefore only kids buy or want to buy toys of any kinds, including Star Wars" mentality to the "Hasbro has a long-standing dedication to fans and collectors and we are striivng to produced the figures and toys that you have wanted for years" platitude of the present day. How soon we forget the awful, broad chested Luke and Han, the tiny headed Luke X-Wing Pilot, the lack of significant detail that slowly gave way to separate vests (born of solutions to long-sleeved coat wearing characters) and the attention to accurate detail that now prevails. Yarna was not a good choice for the child-driven Star Wars line of the past (again, we all recognize and know only too well that more adults than children were buying even the earliest POTF2 figures, but Hasbro tended to deny this trend until about a year ago), however, today she may well be on the fast-track for release in 2002. Don't quote me on that, but I wouldn't be surprised to see her show up on one of those lists of SKU's that Wal Mart employees supply to Sir Steve throughout the year or even in the Fan's Choice Poll #4!

I too would like to see Gardulla - the female Hutt with the big boobies. But only if she came with Diva Funquita. (I got a thing about fat chicks!)

Yarna could come with a pack-in of Rappertunie. We could do with the rest of the band and as Yarna is quite a large-ish figure she could just have him as a simple accessory. he doesn't need to have any removability from his water organ that he sits on or arm articulation. Just needs to be a good sculpt.

Ak Rev and Umpass Stay should come as a sort of cinema scene type package with the big thunder drum and the drumheller harp and Bontormian Klesplong that they both also play. For one thing, this would just look awesome in a box on a display and just fantastic loose with the other band members.

Jabba should come with his dias but no figures. The throne should be a decent facsimile of the film prop with all the trimmings including his hookah and the bowl of frogs. The backrest should be done right to go all the way round the back of Jabba. And there should be cushions and drinking cups on the dias.

I agree with jedicole's idea for a more complete playset with the arch and the spit roaster behind Jabba plus the steps down the side of the dias. Plus Wol Cabashhite stuck to the arch with that big ol' tongue licking away at nothing.

Bubo would indeed make a perfect companion to the fan carrying jawa in a 2-pack.