Return of the VINTAGE-style Cardbacks!!!

In Hasbro's Voting Chamber (not the bracket tournament) you can vote on your favorite packaging (card backs). VINTAGE's full pictures are up there vs. POTF2, E1, POTJ, etc.

Looks like they're going to see if we want vintage style packaging back again.

HECK YEAH!

They show Obi-Wan Kenobi on:

1) 12-back, ANH

2) Return of the Jedi (still vintage - full size pic, but splits vintage votes)

3) POTF2 (green card Holosticker)

4) POTJ (Millennium Falcon, Jedi Training)

5) E1 (Jedi Apprentice, soft goods)

Currently, Power of the Jedi (??? !#$@!!!) is winning because Hasbro must want to self-aggrandize itself, as POTJ is better than any modern card - however, with VINTAGE split between ANH and ROTJ, each old-school style gets only half the votes, and POTJ takes the lead).

Defeat the evil plans of Hasbro's self-congratulating marketing team and show 'em we want full-size right-out-of-the-movie action photo cards like the old days.

I strongly urge you to log on to Hasbro's site and vote for Obi-Wan's card from Return of the Jedi (better picture) and poor the heat on! POTJ is going down!

(if you all absolutely agree it should be the ANH card, then make it that one. But don't let them split the VINTAGE vote! ROTJ actually says the movie name, though. Not just "Star Wars." In that case, new figure packages could say "Attack of the Clones" not just Star Wars.)

So I thought I'd make that distinction about the two choices of VINTAGE card backs.

Let's go guys. The Force is with us!

Nope, the ANH 12-back is back on top! I can't see who in the heck would vote for the POTJ card over the two vintage ones. There's no comparison!

I hope this poll is a harbinger that we'll get full-photo cards for Episode 2.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I voted for the Twi'lek Masseuse AND the POTJ backer! What a rebel!

Personally, I buy the product, not the packaging. So long as the packaging does its job, I'm happy. Since POTJ is the cheapest packaging listed, it got my vote.

Now, how about a new poll:
    • Baggies
    • Bubble Wrap
    • Plain brown shipping boxes
    • Deluxe Window Boxes

Thumbs up

I have not voted yet, but i will be voting for one of the vintage cards. I am just not sure which one yet? I will figure it out though.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Originally posted by MisterPL
    Since POTJ is the cheapest packaging listed, it got my vote.[/list]
    What makes the POTJ the cheapest packaging? Maybe back in the seventies it was much cheaper to make the packaging than now. Back then they didn't have any pack-ins like the Force Files, so maybe that makes the vintage stuff less expensive.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    What makes the POTJ the cheapest packaging?
    POTJ uses common card backs printed in massive quantities, enough for waves of figures. The only thing that changes is the UPC sticker and the Force File.

Vintage card backs are unique to each figure, requiring much smaller print runs incurring higher manufacturing costs. Not to mention the Incomplete/Obsolete inventory issues that come up when packaging is not standardized the way POTJ is.

The only big issue with POTJ packaging is that unscrupulous "collectors" can peel that POTJ UPC off the backer and apply it over an older bar code for a creative "refund" for outdated or clearanced merchandise. I've seen red-carded POTF2 figs with POTJ UPCs stuck to 'em at retail. Wal-Mart hates that.

The new cards (in the upcoming FX-7 wave) will probably be have same SRP, since the card backs are now unique again, but there are no Force Files.

I'll miss those Force Files.

The new EPII is currently my favorite back (and I just saw it). It's just so very simple, but yet so very cool. SSG has a pic of it. Go see.

yukface27@hotmail.com