Unhappy Deleted Scences On Dvd

For some reason I cannot understand why Lucas decided to cut out one of the deleted scence that Should Have Been in the movie.
    The scene I am refering to is when Anakin and Qui Gon are leaving Mos Espa and A Sith Probe Droid is following them. Anakin is talking to Qui Gon and all of a sudden Qui Gon spins around and slices the droid in half. Anakin asks what it was and Qui Gon replies that he doesn't know and that he has never see anything like it. With that they begin to run into the desert.

Now it seems to me that if this scene was put back in the film that the next scene of Anakin and Qui Gon running towards the ship with the famous line "Qui Gon sir, wait I'm tired."
    Anakin, Drop !" would have had a better impact. It would explain why they were running in the first place and set the mood for the lightsaber duel to follow.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I agree it should have been in there! Lucas originaly filmed the scene to keep the audience knowing that they were being followed but he decided he didn't need to do that.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Yeah, I agree. That scene should have been left in.

Agreed, as should the rest of the footage of Maul vs. Qui-Gon, where Maul jumps onto the ramp to continue the fight.
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

That was the coolest cut scene - apart from Jira.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I think the problem with the Sith Probe Droid scene, as that the beginning and end of the scene wasn't completly filmed. So it would be hard to just throw it in there. Atleast we got to see it in the deleted scenes though.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

You know, I was thinking about that today when I watched TPM. Where would that scene fit? Immediately after Anakin says goodbye to his mom or after the part we see the other probe droid return to Maul and then he takes off on his speeder?