Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Who saw the pretender GNR on MTV last night?

There are a bunch of GNR-related threads, but this seemed to be the most appropriate one for the news story I just read:

Axl Rose Sued by Former Bandmates

See, Caesar, you're not the only prospector here.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Re: Who saw the pretender GNR on MTV last night?

Yeah, sounds like a real mess there !

This is one of the reasons why people are so particular in who gets songwriter credit. The ramifications really are eternal, well I guess unless the publishing rights are sold to somebody else (like Michael Jackson).

This whole thing about W. Axl directing royalties to wherever, well it sounds curious.
    I hope everything works out well for Saul and Michael. Bill better pay up what's owed !

This looks like as good a place as any to ask this question:

Anyone know what happened to the 2-disc GNR hits package that was scheduled for release later this month?

From Yahoo ! News, dated 11/17/05:

Another Guns N' Roses hits package due next month
    Thu Nov 17, 9:02 PM ET

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Geffen Records has set a December 20 release date for its second Guns N' Roses hits package in less than two years.

The double-disc set "Welcome to the Jungle -- The Very Best of Guns N' Roses" follows "Greatest Hits," which has sold 2.5 million copies in the United States since its release in March 2004, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The track list for the new package has yet to be announced.

Guns N' Roses, which now features lone original member Axl Rose, has been at work for years on a new studio album, "Chinese Democracy." It is unknown when the album will see the light of day.
    Just curious. This showed up on amazon.com and a few other online retailers immediately after the article hit, but with no track listing. I wanted to check just now to see if maybe there were some cool rarities or anything, but the listing seems to have vanished from every site....
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I just did a search on Amazon and I didn't find anything on this hits package. As it was said in the article when is Chinese Democracy coming out?

Chinese Democracy was supposed to come out "this summer". . . every year for the past 12 years or so.

Apparently, Axl's nuts and keeps firing people. Every time he fires someone, he goes back and wipes all the tapes and starts over from scratch. Even Buckethead got fed up with his lunacy and left.

One thing that actually may be interesting to hear, if it still exists: at one point in the mid-90s, when Axl was still trying for a Nine Inch Nails sound, Shaquille O'Neal was recording an album down the hall and rapped on a GNR track. As far as celebrities who decide to put out albums go, Shaq is somewhat credible, having performed pretty well on Fu-Shnickens' "What's Up Doc? (Can We Rock)."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

mE AM bIZARRO gUNS n rOSES! mE AM GREATEST IDEA EVER!!! mE AM THINK bUCKETHEAD AM SUPER CREATIVE IDEA!!! aXL AM LOOK GOOD, TOO!!!
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Sad thing is, I've heard some of Buckethead's pre-GNR stuff. He's not bad. He's definitely no Slash, though, and the KFC bucket indicates a serious mental problem, but he's pretty good.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Hell, I'd wear a bucket too if I were in that so-called "GNR" thing.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Sad thing is, I've heard some of Buckethead's pre-GNR stuff. He's not bad. He's definitely no Slash, though, and the KFC bucket indicates a serious mental problem, but he's pretty good.
    That's pretty interesting, Chux. I'd like to hear him outside of the GNR mess.

As far as the goofy costume thing, it worked pretty well for Wes Borland. So I guess more power to ya, buddy.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

By the way, if anyone cares anymore, I saw this this morning. For what it's worth.

From Yahoo! News:

Guns 'confirm' "Chinese Democracy"

The new Guns N' Roses album will be released next month, it has been claimed.

Chinese Democracy has been mooted for around a decade by Axl Rose, the only surviving member of the band since their days of rock 'n' roll world domination.

However with the group recently completing a relatively successful and trouble-free European tour and scheduling more dates in the U.S., new recordings also seem imminent.

According to claims in Rolling Stone this week, Chinese Democracy has officially been scheduled for an American release date of November 21.

Earlier in the week, a cryptic statement from the group backed up such speculation, insisting "there are 13 Tuesdays left between now and the end of the year."

There has so far been no official confirmation on these reports.
    I'll believe it when I see it. If it sounds good, I'll buy it when I see it, but there's no point in making that assumption, is there?
    Tommy, close your eyes.