Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Yahoo news
    The new Guns N' Roses album will be released next month, it has been claimed.
    That is THE key part from the article.... CLAIMED! We've been hearing about it for so many years untill its on the shelf I don't care... and even then I probably won't care.

I'll be curious to hear what Guns 'N' Posers have to offer with this "new" record...

Still no word on the new record. The biggest GNR fansite is apparently shutting down in protest. Like that'll do a lot of good.

The saddest thing is, no matter what the album turns out to be, there's been so much that's been recorded and Axl has destroyed (or at least buried) after every personnel change. It can never live up to the expectations. Call me nuts, but I'd like to hear some of the tracks with Buckethead (who, despite the moronic gimmick, is a pretty good guitarist), or the duet with Shaquille O'Neal.

However, for some more positive GNR news, it looks like Izzy Stradlin is putting free downloads of his concerts on his official site.

There's also a statement that his entire catalog will be available on iTunes. Hopefully that's not just the two that were released stateside, but the half dozen or so that were only in Japan as well.

Maybe the ne'er-released Duff McKagen second album could follow suit. Everything I read about it said it was much better than his first, because he took it more seriously and didn't make nonstop references to "a f***ing bottle in mah hand!"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I actually heard a song played on the radio from the "upcoming" GNR album. It stunk big time. Time to get your shovel out Axl, nobody cares anymore.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Maybe the ne'er-released Duff McKagen second album could follow suit. Everything I read about it said it was much better than his first, because he took it more seriously and didn't make nonstop references to "a f***ing bottle in mah hand!"
    Not anytime soon, with Velvet Revolver's 2nd album about to be released in June.

As far as I'm concerned, GNR died after Use You Illusion.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Duff's second album was totally in the can in 1998. It was slated for a 1999 release, and promo copies sent to reviewers got glowing reviews.

But a merger of Geffen and another company (Electra?) resulted in their axing a large number of acts with "substandard" sales numbers. Duff, being judged solely on the "strength" of the mediocre Believe in Me, was one of the first cuts, as was (I believe) Slash's Snakepit (which is why their incredibly weak second album is on an independent label). Never mind that they kept GNR.

Beautiful Disease has since become a legend. Though impossible to find, the few who have heard it maintain it's the best GNR solo album (or damned close to it). I've heard reports of admittedly homemade copies of the album going for upwards of $100.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I saw a guy last year at a horror movie convention dressed like Buckethead. I'll have to find a pic.