Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reservoir Dogs: SE DVD - Cheap Marketing Gimmick

Recently, JT was asking about the cheap marketing gimmick, of re-issuing MIB with a small featurette about MIIB and a trailer. Well, sit back and take a gander at this. They are releasing 5 different covers for Resevoir Dogs on DVD August 27th.

The DVD will be packaged in five different flavors, each themed around one of Reservoir Dogs' five main characters: Mr. Pink, Mr. White, Mr. Orange, Mr. Blonde and Mr. Brown. The latter will be available in a more limited capacity than the others.

I don't have a really good picture of the Mr. Brown (Quentin Tarintino) but here is one of the of the other 4 cases. This is a really lame way to sell more copies. Especially since it's just a slip case around the regular DVD case.

You can read more here: Home Theater Forum

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rdcovers.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	2273  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

"heathers" did the same thing when it was released on dvd. took me a while to find the winona cover.

Yeah gimmicks like this always make me mad. No matter though, I know which cover I'll be picking up, Mr. Pink.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Mr. Orange for me. It's only a "cheap promotional gimmick to sell more copies" if someone is dumb enough to buy multiple copies of the same DVD when the content on the discs is identical. And anyone dumb enough to do that deserves to get $100+ lifted from them.

I guess the next day we'll see Mr Brown versions on eBay for $$$$
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I'm just happy they're coming out with the SE DVD. Do you really think anyone will buy all 5 covers?
    Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
    ~SK

Originally posted by Darth Shifty
    I'm just happy they're coming out with the SE DVD. Do you really think anyone will buy all 5 covers?
    According to the posts over at HTF, a few people are planning to buy all 5. That's what the company is hoping for, people that are collectors, that have to have 1 of everything.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Well, they are pretty foolish! Why not just print off the other covers if they mean that much? There's scans of DVD covers on the web . . . . swipe one and put in in an empty case.

Do you think they might want to give us the extra discs ? ? ?

I hate to say it JarJar, and normally I really hate these things. But I'm a HUGE Reservoir Dogs fan and I'll probably buy the Mr. Brown (Tarantino) and the Mr. White (Keitel) covers. I happen to really fancy those two characters.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I went with the Brown cover and I'm glad I did, because the actual DVD cover has the other four covers on the front split into fourths. So if I ever pine for what the other covers looked like, I can simply look at the DVD cover....

ROLLO!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."