Thread: DVD Bargains

DVD Bargains

I know there are several of us who are DVD collectors. Anyway, I have been cruising for good movie bargains lately on DVD, and thought it would be neat if we could pass on our finding here.

Anyway, in the last week, I ran across the following:

Best Buy
    Drop Dead Gorgeous - $5.99
    Loaded Weapon 1 - $5.99

Media Play
    Kingdom Come - $6.99
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off - $6.99
    Stargate - $6.99
    George Lucas In Love - $6.99
    UHF - $6.99

If you find anything online, or in stores for a low price, let me know!
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Just picked up Ghostbusters at Target for $9.44, was around $14.99 before. Nothing like the killer deals you have there though, I gotta find me a Media Play store!

- update: no media play in LA! This is a very cool thread though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thanks! I thought it was a good idea. Maybe you can order from the website JT!

I saw Ghostbusters at Wal-Mart today for 9.99, but I balked on it. probably because I spent 50 on a new game!
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I remember when Media Play had a whole bunch of DVDs in a bin last year for 99 cents. All full of movies you never heard of. The funniest part is that they were selling "How to Prepare Yourself for Y2K" when it was 2001. I guess owning it, is like owning a piece of history. Or a piece of comedy.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

ShopKo has a new bargain rack, I saw "The Cage" starring Lou Ferrigno there for $3.99 !

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    A few years ago, Reel.com used to sell movies on their website and they had a daily trivia contest. If you got the multiple choice question right, they gave you a 50 cent credit towards an eventual $10 off e-coupon. If you got it wrong, they gave you 25 cents just for playing. Savvy movie trivia buffs (the questions were NOT easy) could crank out a new $10 e-coupon every 20 days. Since I had multiple AOL accounts, I was playing the trivia game with six different accounts. That's a new coupon almost every three days (20/6= 3.333...) Suffice to say, with their already low prices (usually 40% or more off SRP) I was bagging the latest releases for $4-6. Unfortunately, I'm sure I wasn't the only one taking advantage of the company's naiveté and they went out of business in the big dot.bomb the next year. (sigh)

ROLLO!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Today at Wal-Mart I noticed a $9.44 Double Feature of Teen Wolf and Teen Wolf Too which I will be purchasing in the near future.
    I don't recall liking Teen Wolf Too at all, but it's worth it just for the original! :happy:

Yeah, the original was OK. 9.44 by itself, I would probably pass, even though I don't want the second one, the two pack seems worth it
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

You'll regret the day you rolled your eyes at TeenWolf.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Originally posted by Caesar
    You'll regret the day you rolled your eyes at TeenWolf.

TEEN WOLF

ROLLO!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."