If you haven't seen the news of this yet: http://220.127.116.11/databases/acti...ow_article=484
Basically, Hasbro originally had the cardback of this figure explaining that Padme was worried about the Queen of Naboo when it was actually a decoy; the sticker replaced that with the proper story of it being Padme's decoy.
I'm wondering, is this Hasbro's fault for misinterpretting the beginning of Ep 2, or did Lucas actually change the meaning of the decoy after Hasbro made up this cardback? The latter isn't so impossible, this has definitely happened before, especially here in Ep 2 where we had:
- R2-D2's alternate kouhun assassin centipedes
- Dexter Jettster's pipe sticker cover-up
- Jedi Starfighter without hyperdrive booster ring
- Deluxe Yoda and LEGO's Jedi Duel (Yoda vs Dooku) having a crane instead of pillars
- Count Dooku figure having 2 lightsabers and a hologram
- Anakin Hangar Duel having his destroyed lightsaber
There are others, IIRC, but that's quite a list to begin with. So did Hasbro borf or did Lucas change?