Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Padme CA error sticker fix... was this Hasbro's fault?

If you haven't seen the news of this yet: http://209.197.117.27/databases/acti...ow_article=484

Basically, Hasbro originally had the cardback of this figure explaining that Padme was worried about the Queen of Naboo when it was actually a decoy; the sticker replaced that with the proper story of it being Padme's decoy.

I'm wondering, is this Hasbro's fault for misinterpretting the beginning of Ep 2, or did Lucas actually change the meaning of the decoy after Hasbro made up this cardback? The latter isn't so impossible, this has definitely happened before, especially here in Ep 2 where we had:

- R2-D2's alternate kouhun assassin centipedes
    - Dexter Jettster's pipe sticker cover-up
    - Jedi Starfighter without hyperdrive booster ring
    - Deluxe Yoda and LEGO's Jedi Duel (Yoda vs Dooku) having a crane instead of pillars
    - Count Dooku figure having 2 lightsabers and a hologram
    - Anakin Hangar Duel having his destroyed lightsaber

There are others, IIRC, but that's quite a list to begin with. So did Hasbro borf or did Lucas change?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

i thonk has bro messsed up, thid fig raseleses ed 3 months after the movie. no reason for rthe screw up
    "hopped up on Jar Jar Binks"

Looks just like another case of the story being changed while a figure is already in production. It's nothing new, just like JT said. It happened with the E1 line, and it's happened with the E2 line. What do you expect when the figures take 10 months to go from concept to shelf?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

but why not fix them? its not like they shipped them 2 months before the movie?

It would cost more to reprint all those cards, then it would for them to just print up stickers that fixes the cards. If they have to scrap all the cards, and then print new ones, that is going to cut into profits for the figure. If that happens too much, then they have to raise prices again. I can deal with a sticker for a $4.77 figure.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

but they didn't sticker them all,did they? if they did then that is fine, but maybe Hasbro should wait to poduce the figs.

Sometimes Hasbro misses a few, when they have to add a sticker. Or it wasn't caught until alot of them were already in cases and ready for shipping. In a perfect world, or back in 1977 that would be what Hasbro would do. But now a days the action figure and toy line that ties in with a movie has to actually be out before the movie comes out. Heck, even the vintage line had mistakes when they were releasing figures at the same time the movies were coming out.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

yeah, hasbro doesn't car about anything except the benjermains, I cou;dn't agree more/less.

If that's what you are interprating from my post, that is nowhere near what I stated. I assume that you care about your paychecks and the money you earn. So don't act like Hasbro shouldn't care about their paychecks and income. People who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

ok revenge of the jedi.