Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I had most of them...but these are even cooler!

I guess no one remembers the somewhat rare Aliens vs. Predator two-pack from Kenner. One of the only accurate sculpts in the Aliens or Predator line. Though nothing on the order of the MacFarlane set that prompted this thread, for the time, and for Kenner, it was a great set. I still have the Alien from that set displayed proudly with my 18" Kenner Alen figure that my parents got me for Christmas all those years ago! We had no idea it would turn out to be one of the rarest toys ever!

One word of caution, though. Don't become too enamoured of the images that MacFarlane has released of these figures. Have you ever noticed that the figures that come out in the stores seem to be less than they appeared in the promotional materials or appearences in toy magazines? Well, that is because MacFarlane utilizes the dubious practice of promoting with "two-ups". These are paint guides that are twice the size (and thereby have marginally more detail) than the finished product. I have often heard people complain that the figures don't look as good when they come out as they did in the magazines or ads. This, kids, is why.

It think this set will still look great regardless, but bear in mind that it won't look exactly like the pictures you see here. What you see is not what you'll get, per se.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

I'm glad McFarlane is making the Alien and Predator figures. These will probably be the best of those figures.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

actually I do remember the kenner alien vs predator 2-pack cause my brother has it ! it was pretty cool though (never undewrstood why they didn't release them as 2 single figs too
    I do have a repaint from the alien but he's light-blue (like baby blue) and that sucks
    but till now I've never been diappointed by mcfarlane about paint quality or something, till now they always were like they were supposed to be: GREAT!
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

The set looks nice, but it still can't beat the Kenner line. Not only for the cool Alien vs. Predator set, and for the unique Alien variations. But for the Queen *****, from the Queen Hive Playset. That figure is just awesome. And it looks almost 100% movie accurate, including have the high heeled feet.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I fond this poic I made a while ago of my freddy movie maniac fgure (not thw 18" one but the normal one)
    the pic proves the incredible paint job on mcfarlane figs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	freddy krueger.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	3804  
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

I dunno. The Kenner line has some good figures but most of them were just ridiculous. ("Snake alien!" "Predator with stupidly enormous missile launcher poking out of his gut!")
    The AVP 2-pack from Kenner was certainly a good one, offering Kenner's only movie-accurate Predator and only their second movie-accurate non-queen Alien (the other was the Scorpion Alien.) They weren't released as individual figures because neither had gimmicks like all the other Kenner figures and wouldn't be considered "Worth as much."