Hybrid View

Unhappy Walmarts Cantina Bar Sets

Yesterday i called Hasbro Canada customer service
    to inquire about this & the customer rep. didn't know
    whether Walmart Canada will be offering these.
    The customer rep. said for now Walmart was
    receiving the same items as all the other
    stores (eg. Zellers, Bay, T"R"U etc.) nothing exclusive.
    Anyone else have additional info?

Re: Walmarts Cantina Bar Sets

Originally posted by DAVID002
    Yesterday i called Hasbro Canada customer service
    to inquire about this & the customer rep. didn't know
    whether Walmart Canada will be offering these.
    The customer rep. said for now Walmart was
    receiving the same items as all the other
    stores (eg. Zellers, Bay, T"R"U etc.) nothing exclusive.
    Anyone else have additional info?
    Here's what I know so far, this has been taken from one of my previous posts that I made today.

Part I

Just found in Zellers Saint John, N.B. (Orn Free Taa, Endor Rebel Soldier, Massiff with Geonosian Warrior, Palpatine. and Puhr. Also found the Acklay and Target Exclusives there as well. Wal-Mart also has the new Cantina sets and a couple of new figs as well. I bought Orn and Puhr as I already have Palpatine and Endor Soldier from previous lines. I wasn't crazy about the Massiff or Acklay. ToysRus should be called something like ToysRnotus because they have nothing in terms of new stuff and piles upon piles of peg warmers in figs, beasts, and vehicles. I have to say that we are about a month or two behind the U.S. in terms of receiving anything new, so my advice is to get there first because Wal-Mart and Zellers are the only real major stores that you will have any hope of finding anything. In closing I would like to say that I'm sure that we will receive all of the figures, but not as quick as most would expect. The only things that we may not get are the figures from the last assortment of the Saga line, just like Episode I, and POTJ.

Part II

We are now behind the U.S. by two months plus. Orn, Endor Soldier, Massiff, Puhr and lots more i.e.(Cantina sets, Acklay, and Target Exclusives) are flooding Zellers and Wal-Mart today and more is to come is what I've been told. I was incorrect in saying we are two weeks behind, it's now almost three months. This is only because we do not have the population in Canada as they do in the U.S. So our stores (Toysrus and Wal-Mart) over-order the first wave or two and get stuck with trying to rid themselves of the over abundance of S.W. products, thus putting themselves behind on figures. Zellers had almost nothing when the movie first came out, just a couple of figures here and there. Now they have almost everything new while Wal-Mart gets one or two new things here and there. Toysrus I'm afraid will have nothing here until late November or the first week of December, they are being extremely cautious as to what they buy and what they donít buy right now.(S.W.) Keep the faith, they will arrive eventually.

That's it
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!