Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Movies that everyone loves, that you hate

Yeah. Post here movies that were well-received or made lots of money that you absolutely couldn't bear to watch, either from overall stupidity, bad acting, bad plot, or any number of reasons.
    For me, I'd say:
    -Titanic
    -The Sixth Sense
    -Unbreakable
    -Signs
    -Independence Day
    -I've not seen Harry Potter, and heaven forbid I say what I think of it, because no matter what I say I'm sure it'll start a flame war.
    -I was about to put LOTR into this category, but upon watching the DVD a second time I realize that it's actually a very good movie!!!!!

Y'know I was thinking about starting a thread about this very subject and the top movies on my list would be:

Unbreakable
    Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
    The Matrix

Glad you gave LOTR a second chance, from what I have heard and read in the books, the next two films should be much more action packed as (like in the books) the first film was just set-up. So don't hesitate to check out T2T this December.

As for Harry Potter, I haven't seen it yet either and I am very adamant about not expressing an opinion about a movie until I have watched it at least once. I don't really see how you can hate (or love) a movie you have never watched.

BigB,

I never hated LOTR at all. I merely, at first, didn't see what the big deal was since I hadn't read the books. But now I think it's really awesome, and am looking forward to the Two Towers.
    Yeah, Unbreakable was on my list too.
    I didn't like Crouching Tiger...all those subtitles gave me a headache!
    And as for the Matrix...it had one good scene (the lobby shootout) which was about two minutes long! Not to mention the fact that Neo was using 9mm Skorpion machine pistols but the casings that landed on the floor were from .223 Remington rounds...
    I don't see why people go apesh*t over that movie.

Other movies:

Armageddon
    Space Cowboys (my dad and brother both love this movie and I have watched it several times and can't see the appeal)
    X-Men

I do need to give Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Unbreakable another chance in all fairness. I watched them at my brother's house in the middle of the day with two screaming toddlers running around and his wife cleaning house, so I missed quite a bit of both films.

Armageddon
    Independance Day
    Flintstones
    The Crow
    Pearl Harbor
    Varsity Blues
    Romeo & Juliet (DiCaprio)
    Ever After
    The Piano
    Twister
    Dante's Peak
    Me, Myself, and Irene
    Ace Ventura
    The Mask
    Scary Movie
    Scream 2 and 3
    Castaway
    Pay It Forward
    Batman and Robin
    Batman Forever
    Tin Cup
    Con Air
    Dead Poets Society
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    Life of Brian
    Gone With the Wind
    English Patient
    The Bodyguard
    xXx
    Jurassic Park 2 & 3

I could probably go on all day, so I will stop here....and continue later perhaps.

And BigB, You should Definately giving Crouching Tiger another chance. It's very very good, but something you need the right atmosphere and right mood for.

And on a side note, I really like The Matrix, Titanic, Signs, Sixth Sense, and Harry Potter.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Royal Tenenbaums. What in the world?

The Big Lebowski (I had to just shut it off halfway through, I couldn't stand it, but I am told that the ending redeemed it, but I am just not sure if I can sit through all that again)

Being John Malkovich (gets my award for being the most repulsive film ever made)

Austin Powers 2: The Spy Who Shagged Me (I've never laughed so little while watching a so-called comedy, I had to go see Ep1 a fourth time just to get the taste out of my mouth)

I would like to add Big Lebowski to my list as well.

I am in the middle on Fight Club. Didn't hate it, didn't love it.

I really liked Royal Tennenbaums. Almost bought it the other day. I may later! ANd I thought AP2 was OK......but just OK.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

last man standing
    xXx
    and finally Godfather 2
    A pill To Make you numb
    a pill to make you dumb
    a pill to make you anybody else
    but all the drugs in this world wont save her from herself

the chorus form Marilyn Mansons "Coma White"