Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Padme Amidala was supposed to have a theme, but apparently George nixed having a set-in-stone theme in Episode I so that he could have the solid love theme emerge in Episode II.

Boba Fett's theme is only heard in Episode V. It is a two-note bassoon motif and is heard quite frequently.

There are so many themes. Duel of the Fates, The Force/Obi-Wan's Theme, Anakin's Theme, Qui-Gon's Theme, Shmi's Theme, Emperor's Theme, Jar Jar's Theme, Darth Maul's Theme, Luke's/Star Wars Main Title Theme, Imperial Theme (E4), Rebel Fanfare, Princess Leia's Theme, Cloud City/Lando's Theme, Han Solo and the Princess Love Theme, Imperial March, Hyperspace Theme (Eternal Padawan's aforementioned three-note theme), Jabba's Theme, Droids' Theme, Yoda's Theme, Luke and Leia Family Theme, Ewok Theme, E4 Celebration Theme, Death Star Motif, Asteroid Chase Theme, and the Jawa theme.

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head. That'll give you guys a bunch to choose from.

Mine is Luke and Leia Family Theme from Episode VI, followed closely by the Force/Obi-Wan's Theme.

NP: David Michael Frank's "The Mole"
    Last edited by Mike Troxell; 10-24-2001 at 05:02 PM.

Originally posted by Mike Troxell
    Boba Fett's theme is only heard in Episode V. It is a two-note bassoon motif and is heard quite frequently.

NP: David Michael Frank's "The Mole"
    Boba Fett's theme is also heard slightly in A New Hope after Han and Jabba talk!

Imperial March, when my 1-year-old sings it.
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

Question

There are so many themes. Duel of the Fates, The Force/Obi-Wan's Theme, Anakin's Theme, Qui-Gon's Theme, Shmi's Theme, Emperor's Theme, Jar Jar's Theme, Darth Maul's Theme, Luke's/Star Wars Main Title Theme, Imperial Theme (E4), Rebel Fanfare, Princess Leia's Theme, Cloud City/Lando's Theme, Han Solo and the Princess Love Theme, Imperial March, Hyperspace Theme (Eternal Padawan's aforementioned three-note theme), Jabba's Theme, Droids' Theme, Yoda's Theme, Luke and Leia Family Theme, Ewok Theme, E4 Celebration Theme, Death Star Motif, Asteroid Chase Theme.
    Not to split hairs with you Mikey, but are all of those passages really themes? I always considered a theme being something that was attached to a character or a repetitve event rather than a single time occurance like the throne room scene or the asteroid chase sequence. Stuff like the Imperial March is played over and over and in multiple movies, while the throne room part is played only once.

Regardless of what you'd call them, I think they're all pretty good/great/awesome/etc. John Williams is such a freakin' genius.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Padme Amidala was supposed to have a theme, but apparently George nixed having a set-in-stone theme in Episode I so that he could have the solid love theme emerge in Episode II.
    Makes sense. Han and the droids didn't have themes in ANH.

My fave's the Force theme (AKA Ben's theme). Close runners-up are Vader's theme (The Imperial March), Han & Leia's love theme, Yoda's theme, the Jawa theme, and the theme played at the beginning of TPM and the arrival on Coruscant (Qui-Gon's theme?).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat

Not to split hairs with you Mikey, but are all of those passages really themes? I always considered a theme being something that was attached to a character or a repetitve event rather than a single time occurance like the throne room scene or the asteroid chase sequence. Stuff like the Imperial March is played over and over and in multiple movies, while the throne room part is played only once.

Regardless of what you'd call them, I think they're all pretty good/great/awesome/etc. John Williams is such a freakin' genius.
    Yes, they are indeed themes. If you mean to describe themes that are placed with a specific character, those are called Wagnerian Leitmotifs. Also, the throne room motif was also played in the end credits of Return of the Jedi.

And I forgot The Jawa Theme in my list above. Amended. (Another bit of Star Wars Trivia--the first version of the Jawa theme, which was nixed by George Lucas, became the March of the Villains in Superman: The Movie).

The music for Han's encounter with Jabba in SW is a hodgepodge of E5 and E6 music, so I don't consider it part of the Episode IV score.

NP: Badly Drawn Boy's The Hour of Bewilderbeast
    Last edited by Mike Troxell; 10-24-2001 at 05:04 PM.

I always dug the Cantina Band songs. Just makes me wanna dance!!!

I have to add "Across the Stars" to the list. Very powerful and emotional stuff! I didn't like the music of TPM much but I can see that the music of Episode II is going to be alot better, and different.

PENDO!

someone will need to set me straight on this one.I have a tape(can't find it) that has what I believe is called Vader's death.It has that harp playing the imperial march at the very end.Awesome !!really moving stuff.It does what is supposed to.I hear it and it brings Vaders death right to mind.second is the imperial march itself.something about that harp
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

The emperial march has got to the most played tone from any movie. Even the Jaws theme doesn't get played as much. Hum along with me now, come on you know the words........
    DaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDa,
    " You ever dance with the devil by the pale moon light? I ask all my prey, I just like the sound of it"

" See you around kid "