Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation SW Limted Edition Fernandes Guitars

Since there's no directory for "other" non-Hasbro collectibles in the "Collecting" section, I posted this here.

I have been informed by a Fernandes retailer that the Star Wars guitars production run was limited to 500. I just got a white Sttormtrooper one, #99 of 500 (if the previous info is true). It's a really nice item and looks awesome; the only problem is that it's not a prectical instrument 'cause the fretboard is painted (with the "STAR WARS" logo) and playing it too much will wear out the artwork.

Anyways, I just wanted to know if any other people here got their hands on some and if they know about the quantities produced by Fernandes.

Thanks.
    Hard to see, the dark side is.

No bit i got a 1980 Black/White Gibson flying V and a black Jackson prefomer.
    I'd love to get a SW guitar,how does it play and sound?How much are they?
    need vintage parts and weapons

Sounds coolm maybe I'll buy one and then I could be a one man band, I already have a drum set, keyboard, and bass guitar.
    "hopped up on Jar Jar Binks"

They sound pretty good, boss. I'm not a guitar buff, my instrument is piano/keyboards so I'll have to get back to you with the specs. I do remember that it has EMG pickups.

I don't know how much they are. Musicians' Frind has 'em around the $1,295 mark, I think. Mine I got for just under a grand.

eeee!!! if i were to pay that much for another guitar (i have an american strat) i would want it to be a les paul or rickenbacker. just as how many of us often say that figures were meant to be played with, the same goes for guitars! they were meant to be played with and not merely for display! just my opinion
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

EmG pickups are great quality.But if i was ganna pay $1200 for a guitar i think it's gonna be an ESP, they sound incredible!!Maybe down the road someone will be selling one in the want ads for half the price.Then i'll consider it

True, figrin. Not being a guitar player I was still tempted to buy it for two reasons: (1) it looks beautiful (2) it's a very limited edition item with such a short run.

Besides, a grand for a guitar (a good guitar) isn't bad. Parker Fly's, Takamines and American-made vintage Les Pauls are more expensive. Of course, these are high-quality instruments but... oh, well... I'm just trying to convince myself that I made a fair purchase.

No doubt you made a good purchace!! Not everyone can say they have a Star Wars Guitar.Your friends must see it and go wow thats mega cool,i know i'd walk into your house and drool.

LOL! Well, it does look way cool as a collectible. My guitar playing colleagues tell me it's a "very good" guitar, but I'm sure it doesn't measure up to any high-end electric guitar. Anyways... to me it's just another collectible. A COOL collectible and bound to be a rarity (again, because only 500 were made worldwide). This'd be the only item in my collection wich I'd be willing to sell in the future if it's value increases as forecasted.

I hear these things aren't selling at all, so making them limited will probably help that a little. Are the Nomads limited as well? (IMO, the Nomad should be limited to 0 ) I don't play but a few friends and family I know do so I've been seeing these for quite a while in catalogs and such.

Personally, I want the Fernandes of Japan SW guitar knobs and especially the SW trading picks, those look really cool and a little more affordable.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.