Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I finally got and Love the 12in SBD, but it needs the firing arm corrected, but some of the SBD's did actually use them like that in the film, so it is correct from a "Certain Point of View."

Re: Souped-up Battle Droid

Originally posted by kraigmc
    I do like this figure, but come on. The Ep 1 Battle Droid was so amaingly articulated, and this one has next to nothing. I do agree the ankles should not be jointed, to maintain stability, but the arms are screaming for some joints!.

I altered mine so he can fire and retract his gun...
    I just cut off the forearm at the joint, and reattached it with a pin so it can swivel.
    Can you please post a close up of the altered arm and what you used??? Thanks if you can.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Originally posted by Battle Droid
    I finally got and Love the 12in SBD, but it needs the firing arm corrected, but some of the SBD's did actually use them like that in the film, so it is correct from a "Certain Point of View."
    "A CERTAIN POINT OF VIEW???????" Didn't Luke look like he was going to beat OBI over he head with his hilt after that one!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Re: Re: Souped-up Battle Droid

Originally posted by turbowars
    Can you please post a close up of the altered arm and what you used??? Thanks if you can.
    All I did was cut of the forearm, leaving the round rotating joint intact. Then I reattached it with a pin, so it can rotate. It is kind of makeshift and works for display, but I should come up with something more durable and safe.
    Hasbro should have at least made these joints. The regular 12" battle droid is very well articulated, so what happened here?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	battle droid joint.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	126.7 KB 
ID:	4126  
    Last edited by K M Toydarian; 10-04-2002 at 03:53 AM.