Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Light up 12" scale lightsaber!

Inspired by the electronic Obi Wan and a few posts in the review thread, I tried my hand at a light up Anakin saber. I'm pretty happy with it. It is a tad wider than his plastic saber, but it doesn't look too bad. I made it from a small led light from target. It is silver metal and has a blue LED. I had to switch the bulbs, as the silver case had a white light, and the blue light had a blue case, which was actually goldish metal with blue paint. (I'll use it for a different saber.)
    It cut off the trim from 12" Anakin's saber to glue onto the metal one.
    The light was on clearance at Target for 2 bucks. They had others at regular price as well. A double Maul saber would rock! I can't wait to try.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	anakin saber 1.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	147.5 KB 
ID:	4127  

Another view

Here's another view. You can;t see the light up effect very well, but it looks the same as the eltronic Obi Wan. It is really bright. The blade is from Electronic Obi Wan until I can get an acrylic dowel that will work.

Name:	anakin saber 2.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	4128  

Pretty cool! What powers the lightsaber? And can it be replaced if it should die?
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I've been totally against do any alterations to my figures, but I do have to say that is friggin cool what you did to that saber. Looks like I'll be hittin Target tonight.

That is super cool! Great work.

How thick is the metal casing? Could someone make a thinner plastic casing in its place or would that compromise the electronics? How does the switch work?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Very cool!
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Darn! I couldn't get any help at Target. Everyone I asked had this thousand mile stare on their face. Whats the led name? Brand?

I've seen these at my local Target on a end of aisle display in or near the automobile accessories section. They come in a bubble/cardboard package and look just like a little lightsaber. They might orginally a key chain thing so I'd ask along those lines when searching the store.

I can't believe I never thought to put one with a 12" figure.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Thanks for the info Exhaust Port. I'm gonna have to try again tomorrow afternoon.

I was looking at my wifes keys today and noticed she had a LED light on it. It's a red LED and when you take it apart, it's really small and would probably fit it a hollowed out hilt. Here's a few photos. 1st is the complete light

Name:	picture.jpeg 
Views:	70 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	4154  
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)