Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New R5-D4 ??????

There is going to be a figure of R5-D4 included in the Star Tours line.
    Why is R5 being included in this line and not the regular Saga line?? Everyone has been wanting a new sculpt of him. Will it just be a rehash of the old R5-D4 that we all hated (perhaps without the inner rocket and the 2 halves glued together, I wouldnt put it past Hasbro ).
    I understand that he is seen in the ride, but will they be wasting this opportunity to give us a completely new and awesome R5-D4?? I hope not.
    What are your thoughts.

Well, out of the 6 Star Tours droids so far, only 2 of them are re-sculpts of old droids. I am betting that R5-D4 will be a new sculpt, but likely use the basic astromech body. Even R3-D3's head is a completly new sculpt, even though it re-uses the POTJ "Naboo Escape R2-D2" body. R4-M9 is actually the biggest re-hash, in my opinion. Since all they did was use the same figure, with the same name, and paint the panals baby blue/aquamarine.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I pray that you are right JarJar!

I won't be too worried. But just in case I pray as well.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

I was hoping R5-D4 would be a regular figure. But, if I had to choose between not getting him or ordering him from Disney, I guess I'll just have to suck it up and buy from Disney.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I'd imagine that this is the reference picture for him. Nice and dirty.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...&postid=163246

But he could also get a "clean" Saga release (R4-M9 will test whether two versions can sell independently).
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Angry

GGRRRRRRRRRRRRrr
    Why I'll have to pay big amounts for a droid when we all would have it for $6...............IT Should ! have been a regular figure....!!!!
    Hasbro CEO to designers team:
    Star Wars Collectors,
    They must be dead by now...
    Destroy what's left of them !

'Mate y Bizcochitos de Grasa'

Hi, There will be a new R5-D4 figure using the same mold as the Star Tour one. The only difference is the Star Tour will be red (as the R5 unit in the StarTour in Paris/EuroDisneyland), and the Saga one will have an "ANH" look.

(note : the R5-D4 was planned for a long time but it was delayed due to the launch of Episode 2 stuff).

Enjoy !
    - "I've never understood Walt Disney".
    Howard Philip Lovecraft.

I don't want another R5-D4... I already have the POTF2 one and that's enough. I'd rather have CZ-1 (secretary droid), LIN-V8K (mining droid), R1-G4 (reactor drone), or WED 15 (Septoid 2)

I think one reason for not releasing R5-D4 as a regular release figure might be the "pegwarmer" issue. In the POTF2 line, R5-D4 was a big time pegwarmer, as I recall, being released both on orange and green cards... so this limited release may be most responsible thing to do in the case of this particular figure.
    Last edited by Sinister Lord; 09-01-2002 at 08:50 PM.

i think we should get this one soon...after this movie year, hasbro can focus it's attention on other stuff besides AOTC....but, don't make me use the hasbro SW-SFG bat on ya, mister HB! (hasbro)
    h
    Sampsonite! i was way off!