Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Does anyone know if WM cantina sets are going to come with curved sections?

SEE above. Wouldn't it make sense for Hasblow to make some curved section for the bars. Does anyone know???
    Last edited by Turbowars; 09-01-2002 at 07:20 PM.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

It would make sense..... But when was the last time Hasbro made sense?
    Powdered Toast Man!

A blueprint for the sets has yet to appear, so it's really anybody's guess. It might be two trios of straight pieces, then one two-pack of curved pieces packed with a smaller cantina patrons.

Or it could be an interpretive series. There are a lot of options, which mostly depend on how well the sets sell.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

They will probably make curved sections, I agrre with Lord Tenebrous they will probably come with the smaller guys (for example Kabe.)
    "Eat My Shorts"-Bart Simpson
    "I SEE YOU''-Sauron the Dark Lord
    -Maul- l_l

I hope they make the curved pieces AND the island in the middle of the bar. Where else is Wuher going to store the drinks?
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I don't know that these sets were ever intended to complete an entire bar. I think we got the entire bar a few years ago with the pop-up Cantina and Sandtrooper set. I know I have that set, and to me the new Cantina packs seem... well, they seem redundant. I don't intend to even get these new ones unless it includes a previously unreleased figure. I already have Ponda Baba and Hammerhead and so forth, so I probably won't be buying those again. I mean, I think they are intended to complete a "scene"... but whether or not it means you will have an entire bar (meaning a "complete" bar), I think that is questionable.
    Last edited by Sinister Lord; 09-01-2002 at 07:32 PM.

Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
    A blueprint for the sets has yet to appear, so it's really anybody's guess. It might be two trios of straight pieces, then one two-pack of curved pieces packed with a smaller cantina patrons.

Or it could be an interpretive series. There are a lot of options, which mostly depend on how well the sets sell.
    How they sell? Heck I have only seen them twice and only once as a complete set. I figure why even start the collection if they arn't going to finish it. I know, I know, they do it all the time.
    Last edited by Turbowars; 09-02-2002 at 12:17 AM.
    (Like my posts)

it would make sense, but they wouldn't do it. the ones that are out now don't and the next ones probably won't either....bad hasbro! *whap* yeah! thats what i thought! oooo...gonna stop making OPD ani! they are all over! here! have a taste of my hasbro SW-stupid-figures-and-gimmiks-bat! *whap**whap* thank you! *throws bat back at the manager as i walk away* *thunk**hit's manager in his back while he is on the ground*
    J/K guys! but i do have all rights reserved for the habro SW-SFG bat!
    h
    whee! glad to get that out of my system!
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

You know... instead of Cantina bar sections, I would much rather have a Lars homestead garage playset, or a Yoda's hut playset, or an Ewok village playset, or an Imperial garbage compactor playset. There are so many other locations that could be portrayed and so many other things Hasbro could be doing rather than just resculpting the same characters and recreating the same locations over and over again. I mean, we already had two Ponda Baba's and two Greedo's in the POTF2 line... I don't know, new versions of these characters just seem completely redundant to me. But then again, maybe I have just been collecting longer. I know that, as we speak, a POTF2 Ponda Baba is still warming a peg at my local CVS Pharmacy... so I don't know that there is huge demand for a new version that guy.

Originally posted by Sinister Lord
    You know... instead of Cantina bar sections, I would much rather have a Lars homestead garage playset, or a Yoda's hut playset, or an Ewok village playset, or an Imperial garbage compactor playset. There are so many other locations that could be portrayed and so many other things Hasbro could be doing rather than just resculpting the same characters and recreating the same locations over and over again. I mean, we already had two Ponda Baba's and two Greedo's in the POTF2 line... I don't know, new versions of these characters just seem completely redundant to me. But then again, maybe I have just been collecting longer. I know that, as we speak, a POTF2 Ponda Baba is still warming a peg at my local CVS Pharmacy... so I don't know that there is huge demand for a new version that guy.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we have only one Ponda before the Cantina bar sets?
    (Like my posts)