Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cloud city playset!!

I think it's time we get a playset for this part of the movie.I'd like a torture rack especialy to put Solo in(even if you sold this as a deluxe fo $10 bucks)I'd also like the dining room,maybe you can sell it like the way your doing the cantina sets,Insted or a section from the bar you can make sections from the table.The figs that come with sections i'd like to see a Bespin gown Leia,Boba Fett,Ice cream maker guy,Vader with Hans Gun,Twin pod car pilot,Stormtroopers,a new Han in Carbonite,and maybe a new Lobot.
    Or you can make a whole big playset(but i doubt it)or it could be like the Death star playset we got.Please consider this,these are the things that sell so make em!
    need vintage parts and weapons

The upcoming Arena playset shows that it's quite difficult to do a playset that encompasses a few scenes from a film (I tried to do a Hoth playset concept, and it was too frustrating for me to complete).

But Saga is doing a good job at Bepin mini-scenes. Vader and Luke are good starts, and your other ideas do fit into Saga-sized packages:

* Leia (Bespin Gown) can come with a table (some assembly required, but since Leia's tiny, it's worth it)

* Han (Bespin Prisoner) would be a pre-posed statue. Will kiddies want a figure frozen in anguish?

* The prior Bespin Vader figure (the prototype with blast deflection) is being released sometime in the future.

* Twin Pod Cloud Car has been waiting to be picked up for a while now, hopefully a store will select it for 2003, as a Bespin Pilot is rumored.

* Boba Fett is getting an ROTJ figure, and Han (Carbonite) would better profit from an ROTJ release - he'd come with the block, and lots of articulation for blind stumbling.

* Lobot isn't at the top of anybody's resculpt list, but he might be redone eventually. Stormtrooper is in a series of releases, from the recent Troop Builder set, to the 2003 McQuarrie design.

As far as the playset, there's just too much. The Carbonite Chamber release set the scale, and I doubt any other ideas, be it a landing platform, dining/torture/Ugnaught rooms, etc, would do a scene justice.

But once Hasbro retools the Millennium Falcon, and gives us a well-articulated Lando Calrissian, then a landing platform playset would be the best choice. It can be designed for both Han's arrival to Bespin, and Boba's departure.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Lord Tenebrous, Lobot tops my re-sculpt list. Since the first POTF2 version is an abomination. All Lobot ever did was stand around, and the figure makes him look like he's disco dancing.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I thought Senator Binks topped your list, Jar Jar.

Take him down, or else we'll get Electronic Lobot w/ Quick Draw and Annoying Flashing Light. You don't want that. A good chance for him is a 2005 ESB Anniversary 2-pack - that's a nice reason to give us both a Lobot and a well-articulated Lando.

(with Saga Chewie, Luke, and Vader, they'll need to dig a little deep, so that's when we can get a Leia and Han during their Hoth argument, and round it out with a Yoda and Luke training set)
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
    Take him down, or else we'll get Electronic Lobot w/ Quick Draw and Annoying Flashing Light. You don't want that. A good chance for him is a 2005 ESB Anniversary 2-pack - that's a nice reason to give us both a Lobot and a well-articulated Lando.
    I'd like to see a well articulated Lando so he can give the POTJ Bespin Han a big hug. He's such a smoothie.

The POTF2 Lobot is bad, but the "Satruday Night Fever" Uncle Owen has the ultimate disco pose.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

True, Senator Binks is the very top of the list. But Lobot is in the top 5. The 25th Anniversary of ESB in 2005 is a good chance, but knowing Hasbro they will stick to main charecters.

The POTF2 Uncle Owen isn't all that bad in my opinion. Well, the body isn't, the face could use some work though. The pointing finger is a bit annoying, but I can overlook that.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I don't think Uncle Owen is all that bad either, but the way his arms are sculpted, he can do John Travolta's famous pose.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

We need a torture rack !!!!

Boss Nass, to quote the smug Han Solo. "We need? What about you need?" Sure the torture rack would be nice, but it's not somthing I need. I would much prefer a Vaporator, packed with a re-sculpted Uncle Owen.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

"we" could use a vaporator too