Red face What is your favorite SW end-credits music?

I have to admit that I got the idea for this thread from Pondo. I really like the music from the SW movies and have all four double disc sets, including the OG EP1 release with all the tracks out-of-order from their movie sequence. One of the best parts of the movies are the end credits. Who cares about the cast and crew, I'm talking about the music! I enjoy listening to the music suites at the end because they just give a great overall rehash of the movie. If you remember from the original trilogy, they always start with the SW fanfare followed by one or two themes introduced in that particular movie, then another chorus of the SW theme, and lastly a resounding fanfare finish.

In ANH there is the SW theme followed only by Princess Leia's theme, then the finish.

In ESB, after the SW theme there are Yoda's theme and the Imperial March, then the finishing flare. It's the same finale as from the two EP1 trailers. IMO this fanfare is the best of all the movies. There maybe some of Han and Leia's theme in the credits as well but I don't remember exactly, although it plays right before the credits begin.

In ROTJ, after the theme the Ewok March and Luke and Leia's theme play, but I can't remember the order, then the fanfare.

EP1 is really different in that it only relies lightly on the SW theme to start the end credits. It only plays for maybe 20 sec. before DOTF and Ani's theme, then the ending is just a softening of Anakin's song with the DV breathing in the background with no oomph at the end. Possibly done this way as an overtone as to what's to come.

Although the EP1 soundtrack is really different, I would rather have the pattern set from the classic trilogy. I hope JW goes back to the original formula for EP2.

I think all are nice in their own right, but I pick ESB as the best. We get two great themes, including the Imperial March, the best ending fanfare, and best of all, no Ewok music.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

ESB and ANH are a tie for me, I really like the flow of the ANH credits' music, but the selections on the ESB one are outstanding.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I have to consider what leads into the end titles, which I'd rank like this:

Throne Room (ANH)
    Victory Celebration (ROTJ SE)
    Augie's Great Municipal Band (TPM)
    Ewok Celebration (soundtrack version, with Ewok voice-overs--ROTJ classic)
    Fleet Goes Into Hyperspace (???) (ESB)

The actual finales, though. . . ESB and TPM are best. I love the way Ani's theme melds into The Imperial March for just a few seconds at the end.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

EC--Good point. With that in mind, I'd certainly pick the Episode VI Special Edition End Credits.

Otherwise, the most musically satisfying suite is Episode V.

Thumbs up

Ok...for the end credits music...my favorite movie would be EpI. It beats all 3 previous movies IMO.
    As always...........L

Originally posted by Lobito
    Ok...for the end credits music...my favorite movie would be EpI. It beats all 3 previous movies IMO.
    I'm surprised anyone chose EP1 over the classic trilogy for music, at least end-credits wise.

Just curious L, what is the appeal of EP1 over the other three for you?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Thumbs up

Well...it has the normal SW music as the classic trilogy..but then it has duel of the fates...then at the very end as u posted...u can hear DV's breathing!!
    As always...........L