Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking ITV + Star Wars = YAY

British fans will be pleased to know that ITV will be showing the Star Wars Movies from 10th September . Although I already have all versions of the movies on VHS I still can't wait for them to come onto terrestrial TV. It will start with A New Hope (and Spaceballs the same day ). I don't know if the next movie will be shown the week after, or if it will be like the Planet of the Apes films which they have been showing one a day. It will probably be one a week. They will show Episode's IV - VI then Episode I. No mention if Ep2 will get a showing too, but I doubht it.
    With it being on ITV it means people who did not have Satelite when it was shown on Sky Movies Premier, will get a chance to see them. What are the chances of them showing the original versions?

The only problem with ITV is that it is a commercial TV Station which means the movies will be interupted with 5 minutes of adverts every half hour .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Here's more on it:
    It will be shown at 7:30pm and it WILL be the Special Edition . Click here to see what ITV1 says about it.

Spaceballs will be shown at 11:30pm.

PENDO!
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

5 mins every half hour? That's it? Wow. We get 5 mins every ten mins.

I have more on ITV's Star Wars month :
    There will also be some Star Wars documentarys on ITV1, the first being on Sunday at 3:30pm called From Star Wars to Star Wars: The Story of ILM. This documentary was shown on Sky Movies Premier when that was showing the movies and is quite good .

PENDO!
    My DVD Collection

Thanks for the info Pendo, sorry I've not replied sooner, I hope you don't think nobodys taking interest.

I'm quite pleased that there are only going to be adverts every half hour, but 5 mins is quite long compared to the average of 3 mins, also I'm glad it's the Special Editions, do you know if it's going to be in widescreen though?

And I must take make all that I have said about ITV, they are putting on a Documentary, I'm really suprised about that!
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
    do you know if it's going to be in widescreen though?
    If you're watching ITV on a normal 4:3 TV it will be in full screen, but if you're watching it on a Widescreen TV, or on Sky Digital and change your TV settings to Widescreen you will see the whole thing .

PENDO!
    My DVD Collection

Well I just finished watching Ep4 on ITV1 and it was as good as always . I was a bit dissapointed that it was the SE version, but that was to be expected. Anyway, I think Frank Skinner made up for that on the end credits, very funny . He was talking about the last thing you'd want in a ceremony like that is a big hairy thing roaring his head off. He then started talking about his mother who worked on the film, she did continuity, which means she had to tell George what everyone was wearing in the previous scene. "I think Darth Vader had that big black thing on with the mask" .
    He then went on about him wanting Peter Cushing to marry Whoopi Goldberg .

PENDO!
    My DVD Collection

I have also just finished watching it. But I was a little confused that they said ESB was "coming soon", I thought It would be next Tuesday, but there you go.

Hey, I wonder if Frank Skinner's mum was incharge of Han's shirt at the beginning of ROJ
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

I was confused about the "Coming soon" too, so I checked out ITV's website and it is not showing because of the Champions Leage Football between Valencia and, the one, the only LIVERPOOL F.C.. Yeah I'd rather watch TESB than football, but I'd rather LIVERPOOL take it's place than any other team. I'll keep you updated when I find out when it will be shown.

Hehe, I'm also going to check out the Internet Movie Database to see if Skinner's mum was in charge of Han's shirt in ROTJ .

PENDO!
    My DVD Collection

Just checked out the IMDB. Skinner's mum was NOT responsible for the ROTJ mistake, but here is her profile anyway. The person responsible for Han's shirt is not listed on the IMDB, probably for his own protection .

PENDO!
    My DVD Collection