Hybrid View

Smile Has anybody made a Custom 12" Kir Kanos from the Royal Guard?

I would like to know if the 12" Royal Guard from the 2-pack can be used for a Kir Kanos? Can someone provide pics of the body underneath the robe? I don't have the heart to open mine as I keep my stuff sealed. How about the Coruscant Guard's body?
    Fettbounty

both the red and blue guard have bodies similar to the episode 1 obi-wan. i don't know who kir kanos is. is that EU?

Kir Kanos

Yes...Kir Kanos is from the Crimson Empire Comics.

Talking Look Ma, No Pants!

Both blue and red guards do have the generic Hasbro muscle body. I also remember each body is cast from either blue or red plastic, respectively. They do not have clothes under the robes. I remember the Blue 3 3/4 figure had a sculpt like Kir Kanos' uniform under the robe, but no such surprises on the 12".
    So unless you wanted to make a 12" cast of the Blue Man Group, don't bother. Hmmmm that could be cool...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	royal guard upskirt.com.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	218.5 KB 
ID:	3750  

I know exactly who Kir Kanos is and find him to be one of my favorite EU characters.

I totally am waiting to do a custom Kir twelve inch with the Max Steele head as a base - he's perfect for Kir - just add the scar.

Now, you can do the rest several different ways:

1) wait for the $150 Marmit figure and see how it is accessorized and then customize it. That was my plan A. I don't know if a Crimson Guard is still planned, or it's been totally cancelled. It was supposed to be July 2002 (this year).

well, then there's plan B.

2) get a Luke or Han Stormtrooper twelve inch. They should be easily enough found at some online store, as I don' t think either were top sellers or compared to the quality and presentation put into the KayBee set. Now dye or paint the armor red.

Crimson Empire shows us that Royal Guardsmen wear red armor similar to stormtrooper armor, under their ceremonial cloaks.

3) Add the Max Steele head with a scar.

4) Get a red cloak over him - making it tattered would be extra cool!

5) If anyone's customizing a "casual Jango Fett" in hopes of them making a Boba, use your extra Jango Fett cross-drawn double blaster holsters to augment Kir's arsenal.

6) Darth Maul Sith Speeder's lightsaber (if you're not using it) can be altered into Kir's double bladed weapon. Use the cutting tools from the Episode One Battle Bags as blades to add to the saber hilt.

7) You should be close to done at this point. Some Cybergirls figures could add a Mirith Sinn on Kir's arm, but other than that, this is exactly how I was thinking about doing Kir Kanos for the longest time! You can tell I suppose...

Just waiting to see what happens with the Marmit figure and what it includes.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Originally posted by Tycho
    well, then there's plan B.

2) get a Luke or Han Stormtrooper twelve inch. They should be easily enough found at some online store, as I don' t think either were top sellers or compared to the quality and presentation put into the KayBee set. Now dye or paint the armor red.

Crimson Empire shows us that Royal Guardsmen wear red armor similar to stormtrooper armor, under their ceremonial cloaks.
    Plan B by Chad Vania: 12" Crimson Stormtrooper

I'm sorry, but I am still laughing at th picture of the Guards flashing - that would ake a great postcard!!!!
    Look - I'm Princess Leia!

2NPF, that's sort of the idea. No "skirt" cape and Stormtrooper helmet, a Royal Guardsman's of course. and a full body cape. That figure's not really a start. You have to study a picture of Kir Kanos. It's far cooler than that design (which never should have left on a Sandtrooper's shoulder pad!)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.