Poll: What do you think of the new Episode II Hasbro package?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thumbs down Survey says...

OK, I guess I get to be the lone voice of dissention. I was really hoping to get similar packaging to EP1 but with a blue card and something like Jango Fett's helmet in the upper-left corner OR something more like the vintage line cards with the card being a movie depiction of the character.

I really don't like the full-card bubble. I would rather have the half-card bubble instead like we've always had. The half-bubble has always been a trademark of the SW line. Now it looks like something more like the other figure series' packaging. I'm glad we got blue cards, but I'd rather have something darker and without all the wispy looking stuff in the background.

I seriously hope someone lost a bet or Hasbro's playing a joke on us and the card and bubble will change, but this looks like what we're going to get.

Oh well, I guess I can live with it if the figures retail for less than what they're going for now.

Does anyone want to hazard a guess as to the identity of the pack-in/accessory? I haven't read many spoilers on the 'Coruscant chase' but from the looks of the pack-in it looks like somekind of repulsorlift platform that OB1 could ride on to chase down who ever he's after. Maybe he stands on the upper face and the part to the left is the rudder.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Hmmmm..

The more I look at the packaging, the more generic I realize it is. For the person wondering what will happen to the Power of the Jedi line, I think it looks like they will be slapped on these puppies with a different sticker. The press release says nothing about this being EP II packaging, it just says that it will be released "in conjunction with" Ep II. Also, from what they said it seems like they were trying to design something that encompasses everything Star Wars.

I still like the design a lot, but I just think it's kinda weird that they aren't highlighting the movie name very much. I at least thought they would have a bigger sticker with "AOTC" higher up on the blister. I just think that it would be a little smarter promote the movie more (plus, the font for AOTC is pretty weak). Black would have been cool too, giving it a darker, moodier feel, but blue works for me. Plus, the fact that there are stars on the background rocks my world.

Petty complaints aside, I am still really happy with the new look 'cause I feared a total rehash of the Episode I packaging.

Didn't Hasbro say a few months ago that as soon as the EpII figures came out, the movies would be consolidated into one line, simply called "Star Wars?" I know I heard this in a few different places, does anyone else remember? If so, I imagine they would use the same packaging for all five movies, with the title of the movie on the sticker with the character's name. Since case assortments for EpII have been released, I imagine those figures will ship together, with figures from other movies shipping in seperate cases.

I voted for okay on the packaging, but I don't get too excited about packaging. I think it's an improvement on POTJ. I love how it has a kind of old-school throwback feel to it. I like that it's simple. I like that, without a character photo, it's less expensive. Hopefully Hasbro won't jack up prices again. OVerall, I approve of the package.

As for the figure, eh. It's all right. I'll try not to buy it as another OBi-Wan will probably come out that I like more. I forsee it being a pegwarmer, just as all EpI Obi's are now. I really wasn't expecting much from an Obi-Wan figure. I do hope that the droid and larger bubble areindications of more accessories with the figures next year.

I don't like it, I know I said that about POTJ packaging and the updated POTJ packaging, but compared to this new one, those 2 are Rembrandts. This packaging seems like generic knock-off packaging, and that aurora and the lighter blue don't help either. I totally agree with MC about the bubble as well, the generic bubble in the center thing went out with Batman Beyond, it makes it look more like Star Wars soap than a Star Wars action figure. The boarder and the saber-hands feel like they desparately want to be the POTF packaging of 1985 (which itself desparately wanted to be the 1978 "SW" packaging), but the POTF line died a painful, quick death.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

MAYBE A DELUXE FIGURE?

I think Obi-Wan C.C. might be a Deluxe Asst. figure:

the large accessory can't be accounted for with other characters.

[I've read the spoilers]

Padme, or JarJar without that large of an accessory would not need that big of a blister.

This Obi-Wan is not as articulated as we saw the first E1 version of him. I think that this is rather Resculpt #1 we're seeing here.

The other option is that they are going by way of scene-specific trophy asst. figures, and another Obi-Wan would come with a MicroMachines Jedi Starfighter packed in with him, and Padme would have her Royal Starship, etc. But what would R2D2 have? (ANH escape pod?) I doubt they are going this route. More plastic when they know we'd rather have action figure stands.

So again, I think Obi-Wan is the exception rather than the rule, or he is a Deluxe Figure, and the package will be slightly different for the regular assortment figures.

LOOKS GREAT!
    Looks like the lightsaber is Qui-Gon's, it has the same handle. It must be a prototype figure because the lightsaber blade is blue, and we know that Qui-Gon has a green lightsaber, and from the 'Choices' video we also see a picture of Obi-Wan using a green lightsaber.

PENDO!

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    It's blue! It's blue, it's blue, it's blue. I told you so. It's blue. Blue! Blue, blue, blue. I told you so! Hooray!! It's blue!! Blue!!!

(ahem) I just wanted to say that I really enjoy this new design for the Star Wars packaging and for Hasbro picking the color BLUE is just great and superb and wonderful. And Hasbro is just a brilliant visionary and Hayden's action figure was just great and we were all blown away by it's performance. And I could go on and on about how wonderful this day is because, we've got new toys and new trailers and new Star Wars movies coming out in the next six months and I'm tremendously happy about everything. And it's BLUE! (tee hee)
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Awesome packaging!!! I love it!! But then again, it's just a card so who really cares? I'll admire it for as long as it takes for me to get the figure home from the store and then it's trash.

However, a HUGE improvement over those nauseating POTJ cards. BTW, JediTricks, I don't think POTF's "painful, quick death" was in any way due to the card design. I think that had more to do with Star Wars fever dying out in 1985.

Anyway, excellent work Hasbro!

Hey, Eternal Padawan, is it really blue?

Originally posted by JediTricks
    I don't like it, I know I said that about POTJ packaging and the updated POTJ packaging, but compared to this new one, those 2 are Rembrandts. This packaging seems like generic knock-off packaging, and that aurora and the lighter blue don't help either. I totally agree with MC about the bubble as well, the generic bubble in the center thing went out with Batman Beyond, it makes it look more like Star Wars soap than a Star Wars action figure. The boarder and the saber-hands feel like they desparately want to be the POTF packaging of 1985 (which itself desparately wanted to be the 1978 "SW" packaging), but the POTF line died a painful, quick death.
    Thanks for getting my back JT! I thought I was the only one who didn't find the packaging appealing. I say bring back just about any of the previous packaging motifs to replace this style.

Can I get an AMEN?!
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas