Poll: What do you think of the new Episode II Hasbro package?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Hey Derek, this is what I picture (attached) with this packaging.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spacewarz.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	133  
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

good one jeditricks,

but you should of made obi-wan's outfit blue or something like those bootleg toy companies do. i recently saw a 12 inch vader with a superman head on it. and i've seen numerous other bootleg toys with wacky paintjobs.

am i the only one noticing the lightsaber blade? why would hasbro change the blade on the eeth koth figure only to revert to the older style blade?

I actually tried making the figure's skin yellow and the outfit green, but I was on a time budget and neither was working out for me, so I left them behind and stuck with the yellow saber.

Glad you dig it, and you have a great point, that IS the old style of saber! Start a new thread on that, I'm confident spoilers will be involved, but it's an interestinging point and should be discussed IMO (just not on this one because it was linked on the main page).

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Unhappy Package Bubble

Speaking to those of you that keep the figures in the packages and do not open them, and store them away in boxes. With this new packaging, you have just doubled your cost of storage. With the current packaging, for the most part you could store two cards face to face and the store easily. With the new packaging you won't be able to do this.

Not that I care either way, just a thought...
    Don't everyone thank me at once. - Han Solo

Wow, interesting point Chewie71... that's also true of the cases shipping to stores, who WON'T like it. (Why would they? Twice the amount of storage space for the same amount of product?)

From the list of figures available in 2002, we already have two 2-packs (Jango/Boba; Tuskens) and that thing with Obi-Wan. So maybe the new line will be accessory heavy, hence the need for bigger bubbles.

I assume future versions of Threepio and Artoo will be packed together. Or maybe Artoo with Anakin and Threepio with Padme.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Originally posted by bigbarada
    From the list of figures available in 2002, we already have two 2-packs (Jango/Boba; Tuskens) and that thing with Obi-Wan. So maybe the new line will be accessory heavy, hence the need for bigger bubbles.
    The bubbles aren't that much bigger than the current POTJ ones
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Originally posted by GNT
    The bubbles aren't that much bigger than the current POTJ ones
    I believe they're twice as wide.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    I believe they're twice as wide.
    The bubble is twice the size but the card is the same size as the POTJ
    Last edited by GNT; 11-09-2001 at 03:33 AM.
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

True, the cards are the same width, but some carded folks store their figures the same way they ship, cards packed face-to-face for double the space-usage.