Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Originally posted by sith_killer_99
    Everyone wanted Jar-Jar to die!
    Speak for yourself, I like Jar Jar.

As for the arguments of a child Boba Fett, is nobody allowed to grow up in Star Wars? They're just supposed to pop into existence fully formed? I for one have never understood the hype over the biggest wimp in the Star Wars universe (remember his death scene in ROTJ? I rest my case.). However, when I saw a young version of him in the Ep2 selects I became very interested in this most overrated of characters. I would think Boba Fett fans would be happy to see a little bit of history to the character; but all I hear is complaining about another kid in the prequels.

All I'm saying is, if the prequels bother you that much, then don't watch them. Remove them from your version of the Star Wars universe and try to relax. They're just movies, not the second coming of the messiah.

Ok Barada, you've had your say, now be done with it. This obviously isn't a thread for you, so please just move on, I don't see the point in coming back here once you've said your thing - to borrow your words, "if you are so disenfranchised with this thread, then go! No need to hang around and harass everybody else's opinions with your needless whining!" I'm serious, I don't think it's reasonable to smack the same point over and over again while making personal attacks at posters and their opinions, that's unacceptable on EITHER side of this issue. You might see it as whining, but obviously not everybody does, so please keep your rude, angry comments to yourself.

I happen to be at least partially with Snake on this one, I don't like this packaging at all either, and the figure looks fairly mediocre. I dunno if this is a "knockout punch" for me, but it's definitely a kick in the groin.

But IMO the Micro Machines packaging was way more dynamic than this, there was a cohesive flow there with the dark blue/black main theme and the dark blue Obi-Wan in cloak w/ saber.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by bigbarada
    step #2: Declare George Lucas has gone insane, lost it, sold out, etc.
    He went insane when he decided to have a CCG character named Jar Jar Binks,,his lost the plot totally and sold out,his in it for the money
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Is it true? George Lucas is in it for the money?

NO KIDDING PEOPLE!

People who make movies are always in it for the money, or the glory, fame, SOMETHING!

Nobody says "I want to make a movie and I don't care if it makes money or not."

George has been in it for the money ever since ANH, that is why he worked so hard and tried so many new things. He wanted to make a movie that was GOOD, a movie that could make money so that he could make MORE movies.

I will start to worry when he no longer cares about QUALITY and story content, and simply hopes to cash in on the SW name. This has not happened! I think EP1 had a good story line with subtle underlying layers that we will see more fully developed in later films. As for quality, I don't think anyone here can argue that EP1 was a VERY high quality movie with rich costume designes and incredibly detailed sets, not to mention great actors/actresses.

If he wasn't in it for the money then he couldn't afford to make these films and we would never get to see the story of Star Wars as he envisiones it.

Yes, he wants it to appeal to kids, so we tolerate Ewoks and Gungans realizing that this movie was aimed more for kids, who thought Jar-Jar was a fun character.

But I digress.

Bottom line, I don't care if he's in it for the money, I like the movies.
    May the force be with you.

Uh, am I allowed to post in this thread if I like the Ep2 packaging? Considering the thrashing that some people are getting for expressing differing opinions, I just wanted to be sure. (Geez, and I thought the last forum I came from was bad)

In any case, if you give up collecting Star Wars simply because of the packaging then I really don't know what to say.

Plus, whoever complained up there about Jar Jar upstaging "General Zod;" dude, someome must've really lied to you. I don't think I ever believed that General Zod was going to be in Ep1 simply because Terence Stamp was in the movie.

Anyway, at the risk of being banned from these forums, I will proudly claim that I liked Ep1 and Jar Jar and the AOTC title and the EP2 packaging.....please don't hit me!

Originally posted by Wooooof
    Uh, am I allowed to post in this thread if I like the Ep2 packaging? Considering the thrashing that some people are getting for expressing differing opinions, I just wanted to be sure. (Geez, and I thought the last forum I came from was bad)

In any case, if you give up collecting Star Wars simply because of the packaging then I really don't know what to say.

Plus, whoever complained up there about Jar Jar upstaging "General Zod;" dude, someome must've really lied to you. I don't think I ever believed that General Zod was going to be in Ep1 simply because Terence Stamp was in the movie.

Anyway, at the risk of being banned from these forums, I will proudly claim that I liked Ep1 and Jar Jar and the AOTC title and the EP2 packaging.....please don't hit me!
    Don't worry about sharing your opinions Wooooof, some of us just get a little over-emotional at times. I understand what you are saying JT, and I will try to play nice from now on. (BTW, could you send a similar message to all the Ep1 haters who constantly haunt the Ep1 threads?)

Thumbs up

Calm down guys Lets B cool I also dont like the new packaging... but i will buy it anyway...(but if they start making the figures in a larger scale...like 5" I'll quit collecting of course) The point of the thread was our opinion of the packaging...there's no point on including uncle George here...if there is someone to blame thats me... huh??? j/k ...seriously, if there is someone to blame that would be hasbro. But as i said b4 i will buy it anyway...we are all here BCUZZ we like SW, but i also agree with BB that sometimes the posts in here seem to attack uncle George a little too much.

Like our Super Moderator JT said...lets keep this discussions on the right track...BTW...check out my latest "Weird Thoghts" post JT...its about Randy Johnson!! And i definitely dont have the answer to that one.

Have fun guys
    As always...........L

Sometimes I really have to double check to make sure this is a Star Wars fan site I am on. Especially since it seems that only voices of dissention and angry, rude rants against Star Wars, GL, Hasbro, etc. are acceptable here by the staff. If guys like JT and Thrawn just absolutely hate every single little new tidbit of info about Star Wars then why do you work here? I really don't understand the mentality here. And why does someone like me who admanantly defends Star Wars come under attack for rude, angry posts? Are all the rude, angry anti-Star Wars, GL, Hasbro, etc. posts acceptable? Did this become a Star Wars hate site without anyone telling me? If so I've been wasting my time here the last few months.

Barada, have you been trying to reach 1100 posts or what? Just wondering... ; )

Maybe some of us are just fed up. How would you like your favourite band to start producing a string of horrid albums? Or a television show to "jump the sharK" and sink into oblivion? I'm sure it's happened to you somewhere along the line.

That's what I and a few others feel. Star Wars is falling apart in front of our very eyes. Episode II packaging is just another item in a long list of horrors. However you believe that Jar Jar and Baby Boba Fett make Star Wars stronger than weaker. I'm just curious to know what don't you like about Episode I.

I blame you Barada and all the others that defend Lucas. I blame you because you've sent all these vibes into the air and somehow my girlfriend has received them and thinks the Episode II packaging is better than POTJ.

As from my posts, you know I can't stand the new Episode II. I think the main reason is because if you look at all previous figures, they all had the plastic box off to the side with a picture of the character in opposition. Not so with Episode II.

I told her about the new package, as she somehow endures this hobby and has to listen to my rants. I always ask for Star Wars for gifts, and she obliges, I think I'll finally get Mara Jade for my birthday.

Point being, I showed her the new image and she liked it. Told me that the blue looked better than green, the logo was fine, sticker okay, and just had a new feel to it after all these years. She liked the idea of the droid instead of a force file as she remarked, "Force Files are useless anyway." She said I was overreacting and after all, I have nearly all my figures loose.

In a way I guess she's happy because she thinks I won't be buying as much now. Instead I'll just have to go focus on the vintage - Imperial Shuttle anyone? (just don't tell her)

Snake Plissken
    "A little human compassion"

Angry Holier than Thou!!!

The package looks cool!!! It showcases what you are buying... the action figure!! The blue card back reminds me of the original series of Topps trading cards back in 1977. Its a universal card that lets Big H use it for any movie. I love the movies and the hobbies that come with it. I take them for what they are.... Toys and movies.
    "pork is not a verb"