Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Resculpts I'd Like To See - & Why!

Han Hoth - hood up, gun fits in holster.
    Master Yoda - hopefully a sweet Episode 2 version will do.
    Han Carbonite - could make a really nice Deluxe figure done right.
    Luke Death Star II Jedi - extremely articulate. The definitive Luke.
    Death Star Gunner - a deluxe figure with cannon.
    R5D4 - I guess is coming already, but they could make other R5's.
    Hoth Rebel Soldier - gun in holster, vest, like vintage flight crewer.
    Bib Fortuna
    Han Endor - shield bunker style, if they need still another Solo.
    Dengar - with a backpack.
    Emperor's Royal Guard - Kir Kanos style, even if not EU
    Endor Rebel Soldier - AfricanAmerican variation.
    Lando General - gun in holster, cloth cape.
    Ishi Tibb - scum from Jabba's Palace
    Ugnaught - as seen on the sailbarge
    Death Star Trooper
    Lobot
    Mara Jade - Emperor's Hand with positionable bandana + goggles
    Kyle Katarn - ex-Stormtrooper (the resculpt not the Jedi -which would be nice, too).
    DarkTrooper - different phase of armor
    Death Star Droid - silver.
    R2D2 with Lightsaber - smaller 3rd leg, hilt with detaching blade.
    Gonk Droid - there were many various kinds.
    Uncle Owen
    Y-wing Pilot - Grey Leader ROTJ
    B-wing Pilot - replaces vintage exactly, red squadron.
    Luke Endor - removeable helmet, attachable saber hilt.
    Leia Endor - removeable helmet, poncho.
    Bespin Security Guard - African-American
    Duros - other one in the bar.
    Mace - really articulate - hopefully Episode 2, with Council Chair.
    Ki - really articulate - hopefully Episode 2, with Council Chair.
    Adi Gallia - really articulate, with Council Chair.
    Destroyer Droid - that completely transforms
    Captain Panaka - removeable hat, soft goods.
    Naboo Security - AfricanAmerican, Asian, Indian, or Hispanic
    Naboo Royal Guard - white, hopefully Episode 2, less action posed.
    Darth Maul Hologram - poseable.
    Tuskin Raider - really articulate, gaderffi stick, 2 removeable bandoliers
    Gungan Scout - electropole, binoculars, not army regular uniform
    Plo Koon - really articulate, not Episode 2 battle worn, Council Chair
    SaeSae Tiin - really articulate, with Council Chair, hopefully Episode 2.

And as for RESCULPTS, I think that's it. I certainly would buy MOST of these, but not all. I'm not a completist, but could use most of these in my dioramas.

I agree with you on most of them

I would like to see a Episode 1 Yoda with legs

and a brand new Emperor figure

Luke Skywalker - Dagobah W/ bag - ESB,make a POTJ standed version of him, unlike the buff one, this version would be way better
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Emperor's Royal Guard
    Jabba the Hutt
    Yoda
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I brought this back, while we're discussing R5-D4.

I like the Han Carbonite idea. Since its deluxe it could come with that claw like in the movie, since many people want this claw anyway

I'd like a "resculpt" of R2-D2 Dagobah. With mud and grime deco. He should come with a "glowing" power generator that can plug into him. Plus all of Luke's rations and boxes he brought with him to Dagoabah....maybe some rocks too!
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

Resculpts

I would really like to see a new Han resculpt...... Just kidding.

What I really need is another Leia... to go with my Planet of the Apes action figures.
    Collecting Star Wars figures ain't like dustin' crops boy !!

A Kir Kanos-esque Royal Guard would rock. Quite possibly could be one of the coolest figures ever.

I also think that another less bulky, more articulate, resculpt of a Snowtrooper is in order.

And how about a Baron Fel-esque Imperial Pilot re-sculpt with removable helmet, better articulation, gun holster, the works. That would be cool too.

Seriously, there's enough ideas for figures on this thread alone to keep the line going way beyond AOTC.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Deja Vu

Wow, this reminds me of my old thread, "Resculpt Roundup"! Needless to say, there are plenty out there in need of the resculpt treatment...

Han Solo (Hoth) - How did LucasFilm ever wind up passing on this version of Han? Was he seen, even for the briefest moment, in his Hoth gear in this way? We see him with either the hood up, or down, but absent the hat to my recollection.

Emperor's Royal Guard - The mumu version was a huge disappointment. I think that Hasbro was attempting to answer concerns about rendering one arm obsolete. But then that is just part of ACCURATLY portraying the character. They did it all those years earlier and no one complained. But then it did have cloth accessories, something vital to any resculpt.

Coruscant Guard - While we are on the subject of "one-armed" characters in need of a resculpt, why not this guy? Again, cloth is the answer to the obvious problems. I will give Hasbro some consideration for doing a less awkward job of converting to a two-armed figure, but it is still grossly inaccurate. A resculpt would provide the opportunity to make a slightly different face behind the helmet.

Dr. Evezan - If any figure crys out for a resculpt as much as Han (Hoth), it is the good doctor. He has one of the most distinctive mugs in the Star Wars Universe and all of his features were simply glossed over. It bears little to no resemblence to the character and should be re-done in a non-action pose with a removeable vest and perhaps a removable lower arm.

Uncle Owen - Also crying out for a resculpt. The original did no justice to the character and the awkwardly bent arm is just a farce. We need a more sensible version of Luke's uncle. And like Evezan, a resculpt would give collectors the chance to buy just the ONE figure they want.

R5-D4 - Duh. Not really necessary to include this one, since it was at least planned, but I am hopefull that it won't simply be ignored. We need a correction of the terrible "attack" version that collectors have been saddled with up to this point.

Dengar - I think we could all stand for a version that reflects his appearance in The Empire Strikes Back, complete with the trademark backpack.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

I like that deluxe Han in carbo w/ claw idea... the claw could be attached where that ugly gun is on the Carbonite Chamber playset. And the carbonite unit that comes with the Han could also interact perfectly with the chamber.

I'd like to see:
    1. The Han mentioned above
    2. Luke Tatooine, Final edition (full articulation, removable stormtrooper belt, lightsaber hilt, remote droid [training droid] and some decent binoculars for him)
    3. Endor Han (his coat could be made out of thin plastic so it'd be more loose but wouldn't be all over the place like fabric)
    4. A regular...articulated, accurate Chewbacca
    5. Hoth Han, correct coat, a removable hood piece kinda like the removable helmets, better articulation and a holster with removable blaster
    6. 2-1B Medical Droid, c'mon... the vintage and POTF2 ones aren't very good compared to what we could get if it was made now..
    7. R2-B1
    8. Biker Scout (a more casual and articulated version)
    9. Tarkin
    10. Snowtrooper
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"