Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Site?

I'd probably pop in once in a while too
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I'd be there with bells on.

ROLLO!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Sounds good. Looks like it's a go. I got a good domain name registered and will let you in on it once it resolves.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    SirSteve'sGuide to Home Theater.com?
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    SirSteve'sGuide to Home Theater.com?
    Not exactly. This venture is a different (for the most part, older) crowd so things will ran a little differently. In short, we won't put up with as much that happens around here.

It'll be the same forums system and the ease of navigation to get around to different sections. What forum topics would you like to see that has not already been mentioned? What type of sections would you like to see? (ie. News, Reviews, etc)
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

I would go for a DVD easter egg section as well as a review one.

What about a section for finding good deals on DVDs? Like a search engine that can scan sites like buy.com and deepdvddiscount.com and give you a breakdown of the prices.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Yeah, MC's idea sounds really good.

And for the home theatre section, maybe a "how to" area, for people like me who are interested in starting.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I am so there SirSteve Great idea!!!

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

What do you think about having a few people doing the official full reviews, with pics, etc., like HomeTheaterForum.com?

SirSteve, I like MC's idea of an Easter Egg section.

DEFINITELY create a Reviews section, because all of us are very opinionated and will love the opportunity to rattle off our pros and cons on any specific item.

If you can get a search engine like MC suggests, that would be cool . . . but even if you can't, I still like the idea of a Price section because we can pass around various sale price info on various products. If I notice a good deal somewhere, I'd gladly post it for anyone else who may be interested.