Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers...

Transformers...

I read that a new comic series based on the old characters from the original line was in the workz, geared towards the older fanbase.
    Anybody got any info on this?

Sorry to say this, notafinga, but issue five is due out in a week or so, after a long delay. Issues 1-4 are impossible to find, but a trade paperback is in the works.

Basically, the art is incredible, but the story is almost nonexistent. The writer has no concept of the characters (or at least has yet to demonstrate that he does), the pacing is horrible (it's maybe 1.5 issues worth of story so far), and the plot is full of holes and unanswered questions that I doubt will ever be answered.

But the art. . . man, it makes it worth looking at, at least.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

thankz, Chuxter.
    I had a feeling it was already in print, unavailable to yours truly.

Kinda stinks that the story was aweful. I thought the old Marvel limited series was really well done, as well as most of the ensueing issues.
    [color=blue][size=1][b]I was a card collecting, figure hording monstrosity...[/b][/size][/color]
    [color=green][size=1]"We're humorous, and we stand a better chance under that guise, because all the serious ones like Martin Luther King and JFK got shot."[/size][/color]
    [color=green][i][size=1]-John Lennon[/size][/i][/color]

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Welcome back General notafinga.

I flipped thru the issues that I've seen at the local comic shop, but I agree with Chuxter's assessment. Not very verbose in the storyline aspect, so I skipped it.

I'm much more interested in DevilDue's new G.I.Joe book. It's coming along nicely.

ROLLO!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Yes! Definitely check out the new GIJoe series. The earlier issues are a tad hard to find, but they've been reprinted if you're only looking for reading copies. Both the Eternal Padawan and myself had serious reservations about a Hama-less GIJoe, but Blaylock is a worthy successor who seems to have everything down. And Hama's going to do the first story arc in an "Order of Battle"-esque series called Frontline!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Speaking of GIJoe (Transformers threads always seem to get co-opted by GIJoe don't they?) I'd really like to see a mini-series about their very first missions and how all the originals were recruited. Marvel issue#1 started with the team already with several missions under it's belt and only hinted at previous missions (including the tragic middle east helicopter ride where Snake Eyes lost his face and voice). Unless this was covered in the Special Mission books, how about a recruiting mini series and their first battle with Cobra...all written by Hama of course.

ROLLO!

One of the later issues of the Marvel series shows the mission where Snake Eyes loses his face and voice. I forget what number it is, but when I either go through my collection or find the disc I saved several issues on (I've not forgot you, BTW, Quite-Long Dong!), I'll let you know which issue.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I thought GI Joe #26 & #27 had the "origin of Snake Eyes," and I thought the mission was in Southeast Asia.

I remember when they introduced STAR WARS type technology. That was when I stopped collecting.

Star Wars, Star Wars...

BTW, if you know it twice or double, does that make it the whole battle?
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Lonzo (Stalker)Wilkinson , Thomas "Tommy" (StormShadow) Arishikage, Wade (A Crimson Guard) Collins, and Snake Eyes were all in a L.R.R.P (Long Range Recon Patrol) in southeast Asia ('nam) and there was an ambush where SE got shot up pretty bad, but he lost his face and voice during an early GIJoe mission in the middle east when the govt failed to put the proper filters on their combat choppers and sand got into them and caused them to crash into each other. Everybody managed to jump free except Scarlett, who's rigging got caught in the door. SE stayed on the chopper to free her and when one chopper's rear blades slammed into the other, it set off the fuel which blew through the window and hit SE square in the face and throat.

ROLLO!

Anybody know where I can find back issues of G.I Joe? For some reason I stopped with issue 141, and then my collection skips to the final issue #155. I'm also looking for the "alternate #61 McFarlane issue" that they mentioned in #155. Anybody have some good online hunting grounds?

Thanks!

ROLLO!